Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Have a Wonderful Memorial Day!

I know everyone (in the US) views Memorial Day the beginning of Summer... but let's also not forget why the day is important... Thank you to all those you have served, whether in peace or in times of upheaval. Thank you.

I found these wonderful vintage postcards, so nice, and I decided to post them today for everyone to enjoy. It was originally called Decoration Day. This one is thanking those who fought in the civil war era... these are amazing!



The next is from around 1910... I think... the detail on the cards really astounded me, this is before the time of mass market copying.


This was the first one I could find that said Memorial Day.... I'm sure there are others, probably the second decade of the 1900's.


All three were all actual postcards from the early 1900's, they were beautifully made, probably by hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP