Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Friday Post Minus The Flash Fiction

Good Friday Night Blog Buddies!

Sorry to say, I've had no time to write the flash for this week. I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday, and when I woke up Wednesday morning, half dead myself and unable to breathe, half of our house didn't have power...  When I passed out Wednesday night, I'd written only a few paragraphs. It's been a really long week!! Repairmen, rewiring, $$$$
But, I've finally caught up the word count of my NaNo MS...and I'm at a fork in the road.


Trying to decide if, after a few kisses, and after the conflict has been established between heroine and hero, is it time for my characters to become...more involved. It feels like the right time to me, but did I wait too long?


You know, it is too soon to do the dirty dance, the horizontal mambo... sex. It's always a quandary for me... when is too soon, and when have you waited too long?? Should they have already progressed to this point. My head says no, it feels right in the storyline.


I'm at about 18,000 words (that would about 72 printed book pages), almost halfway through my MS (before edits), probably will hit 25,000 words this weekend, if I don't get distracted by the YA MS I'm working on, it's about 17,000 words... and it's bugging me, lol.

So, there you have it! I'm asking your opinion! How soon is too soon for the bedroom scene?? When as the conflict continued too long??? What do you think?

Have a great weekend!!!! (I'll be writing... between bouts of doubt and contemplating the entire destruction of my MS...LOL)

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

It just depends on the story. Personally I want them to have known each other for some time

Unknown said...

Since it's a novel length story, I agree. It's almost to the halfway point in the MS, some I'm feeling better comfortable where the story is going. I didn't know if I was going to like this story at first, and at times, I still question myself, lol. It's a stretch for me, not vampires, shifters, warlocks, or witches, at least so far. Never who what tomorrow's going to bring, lol.

Thanks B!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP