Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Clarity of Night ~~~~ The Entry I Didn't Send In

The Clarity of Night "Uncovered" contest only one day and 12 hours to go if you're going to send an entry in....  My entry is Entry #54, The Vacation of a Lifetime.  But, as usual, I wrote at least two entries in my paranoia.  Here's the entry I didn't submit.



Damnation
by Dottie Taylor


The stench of rotting vegetation and old blood is almost overwhelming. The Isle of Damned grows near.

An icy hand slips around my waist, pulling me to his frigid body. “Aye, love, we're close.”

He reaches up and caresses my breast through the thin fabric of my blouse. I shiver either from his touch or my own desires, I can no longer tell.

His laughter vibrates through my body. “Come now, love, you know what you are. Why do you deny yourself?”

“Half-born Demon I am be, but Demon bound I'm not.”

His lips seek my neck where he plants an almost delicate kiss as he scents the pull of my blood.

“Half-born divining rod is all I am to you,” I sigh.

“Come to my bed.” The deep bass of his voice rumbles through my chilled body.

I have no illusions about life in Abrax's arms, once the treasure's found and the bounty paid, my life will be forfeit.

“Death awaits me.”

“Avoid death, join me. No one will dare reap your soul.”

“You could let me go.”

“I cannot.” He lowers his lips to mine. “I find myself bewitched.”

Our lips meet in a forbidden kiss, I rest my head upon his chest, his heartbeat greets my ears.

“And I cannot be with you.... No matter how much I want to be.” I whisper as the shore comes into view.  And then it strikes me, Demons don't have hearts.

© Dottie Taylor

8 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

This is entry is awesome Dottie! Great job hon!!!!! ***Claps***

I really hope you explore this story a bit farther... for now I am intrigued by it!!

I hope all is well honey!!! Hugs to you!

Blodeuedd said...

Ohhh I think I liked this one more Dottie, but then I have always liked a man who says aye lol.
But I think the other one will be received better by the judge

Blanche said...

This is great Dottie and I love the entry you sent!!!! Very very good, I would love to read more!! :)

PJD said...

I, too, think I like this one a little more. Maybe. You have some great writing in the one you submitted, but this one I find a little more intriguing. Love the last line especially.

fairyhedgehog said...

Very nice and I love that ending.

J. Elis Morgan said...

Hi,

I wanted to stop by and thank you for reading my entry in Jason's contest (Synesthesia). I'm glad I found your other entry and this one as well.

I love paranormal romance and urban fantasy. This one was HOT. I enjoyed the entire premise, especially as I'm now conjuring up a longer version which hopefully you're continuing!

Also, loved your blog!

Aniket Thakkar said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked this more. Like Pete said, the other one is more polished and better in terms of writing. But I love this more for its story and raw emotions. I'm glad I followed you here.

Amy C said...

Dottie! I just read your entry...what a twisted little story teller, you are! I loved it. As all the other commentors said, did not expect that ending at all :). Great job, my dear!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP