Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Daring Time by Beth Kery

Publisher:  Berkley Sensation
Pages:  352


From the Cover:

He sees her, wants her, needs her…

Chicago Detective Ryan Daire has many secrets: a love for Shakespeare, an appreciation for the all the finer things in life, and an absolute lack of restraint in the bedroom. Now he has an even bigger secret. In every shifting shadow of the sprawling mansion he’s recently inherited he can see her—tempting, ethereal, and untouchable. Hope Stillwater inhabited that mansion in 1906. Raw desire has formed a conduit between these two passionate souls who are separated by the barrier of time.

Now he has to have her.

Intoxicated by each other’s presence, Ryan and Hope are closer than ever to crossing that inviting boundary between two worlds. But there is one grave danger: Ryan’s job has put him on the trail of a depraved criminal in an investigation that’s risking Hope’s eternal fate and happiness. Now he must do whatever it takes to change history, protect Hope from harm, and set his own desires free.

Hope Stillwater is a woman beyond her time, fighting the what's right, one of the few women of the early 1900's to take a stand and conventions be damned.  She's still a proper lady, corsetted, legs covered, and language demure.  But, she's not afraid to take of the bullies of the her world.  And that's just what she does.

Ryan Daire is a jaded Chicago detective, he's seen it, heard it, and probably done it all.  He's not afraid of who or what he is,  but maybe it's time to want more.  When he first catches a glimmer of Hope lingering in the mansion he's been gifted, he can't believe his eyes.  Is he losing his grip, is she a ghost (no!), or is it something else, something paranatural.  He doesn't know until he has a chance to talk to her, and talk to her he does.

When Hope and Ryan meet through the distance of time, Ryan is determined to find a way to save her, a way to be with her, a way to claim her as his own.  Hope could want nothing more than for Ryan to be with her, but can she give up everything and everyone she knows?  Can he?


Daring Time by Beth Kery is book that has the feeling of a erotic historical romance combined with the sensuality of a modern contemporary romance, and Ms. Kery does it to perfection.  To say I enjoyed Daring Time would be an understatement.  I loved her telling of this time travel romance.  When we first meet Ryan, he's getting to the point of burn out.  He likes women and women adore him.  He doesn't know that when he sees Hope, he's seeing his future, and his hope of what the future will hold.  He's almost furious when he partner insists that she has to be a ghost.  He's drawn to her immediately, wanting to protect and save this woman who maybe only a dream in reality.  When Hope sees Ryan, he shocks her sensibilities with his handsome disregard for what she sees as proprieties.  Though she maybe shocked, she also is drawn to the soul of his man, his protective nature, his ability to love even if he doesn't know it yet.

Daring Time is a fun, fast, fantastic read.. there's no other way to say it.  It's hot enough to melt ice cream, sensual enough to satisfy the most discriminating romance reader.  Now, strictly speaking, pararomance is my choice when reading a romance and this book fits into three categories, it's has the flavor of a historical romance combined with a contemporary all wrapped up in a sweet paranormal package.  So, readers of historicals, contemporary, and paranormal romance will all enjoy this quick read, I had trouble putting it down.  And the trouble Hope gets herself into.....  You'll just have to read to see what I mean.  Excellent erotic reading!

I received this book in a contest (Thanks Beth!  Also, Thanks Lea for the recommendation!).  All opinions expressed are my own.

12 comments:

Blanche said...

Great review Dottie!

You really can't go wrong reading anything by Beth, her books are fantastic! :)

Lea said...

Oh you reviewed Daring Time!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Dottie. :-) As you know Hope and Ryan's story is one of my favorites.

Wonderful review!

((hugs))

Mandi said...

OH..I really need to read this author!! Great review!

beth kery said...

Hi Dottie!

Thanks so much for giving Daring Time a try and the terrific review! Very cool to see. :)

Mary G said...

So glad you enjoyed it Dottie. It's such a great book for all those reasons. I've read many a book where there's a loose end & I'm asking myself "but what about...?" What impressed me about Daring Time is that it had parallel plots that left no loose ends. All tied up neatly at the end. I don't normally read much paranormal but this one just worked.

Teddyree said...

Ooh I know how much Lea loves Beth Kery's novels and now you too, I have to get this :-)
Great review!

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

Between you and Lea, I'm convinced that Beth Kery could write just about anything and it would be a great read. I love her books! I'm going to picking up a few more today for my ereader. Can't hardly wait!

((hugs sweetie!)) and thanks for the recommendation!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

Like I just replied to Blanche, between you and she, I've discovered an author that I have to read more of. I loved her book! I can't wait to read more. I'll going on the book sites to see what I can download! Have to have more...

((hugs and thanks for the recommendation Lea!))

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mandi!

What can I say, I'm a convert, I'm going to read more!

Thanks Mandi!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Beth!

Thanks for stopping by! Well, as you can see, I'll be downloading more books today, I loved Hope and Ryan's store, and combined with what a great read Release was, I have to have more!

Keep writing!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mary!

Well, paranormal romance and urban fantasy are my favorite genres. BUT, Beth Kery is now a favorite author, and I'll be happy to try more of her contemps too. Daring Time was an excellent time travel erotic tale. I'll be looking for more.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Teddyree!

I hope you get to try one of her books. I've only read two so far, but they sensually told, really draw the reader in and capture your attention. I'll be trying more!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP