Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge, Week 13..... The Friday Post

Morning Blogosphere Buds!

It's Friday, so it must be time for my response to the Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge, and what a wonderful prompt (at least for me) it was! And I know I'm a little late, but I had a burst of NaNo writing at 1am, and I was a little groggy this morning. But, on the plus side, I'm approaching 20,000 words, 1/5 of the way toward my goal.

I'm always amazed I still have story to tell. My MC is still whispering in my ear, more story waiting to be told. I have to say, I'm very interested in this MC, I've been experimenting with writing from a male point of view in some of my flashes, and it was this alpha male who came to me demanding I finish his story. Now, if he has enough story left to make it to the desired goal of 50,000 words... Well, I can't wait to see!!

But back to the flash... Here's the prompt from Monday...



The Last of Faery
by Dottie Taylor
Word Count: 500

This story takes place over hundred years ago, it was told to me by my grandmother, who heard it from hers. Tulalin was a Faery who gave up her exist to join her true love...

Tulalin was lost to her world. She wondered, was she the last of her kind? She let her hand fall into the water, watched as her tears blended and washed away. She had left Faery as a Faeling to follow her heart, it had been captured by a bold human male. He'd been tall, blond, powerful, and beautiful, and the strength of his soul, she'd wanted to fall into it. She'd stayed for all these long years, but he had faded and now not even this ghost came to visit.

She no longer knew her way to the Faery Mounds, but she could still fly. She unfurled her gossamer wings, and felt the wind brush against them. A soft moan escaped her lips, it had been so long since she'd let herself feel the wind, so long since the kiss of Faery touched her body. As she gazed down at her reflection, she shimmered and wavered with the movement of the water, and as she watched, another reflection stood over her shoulder.

“Tulalin, finally, you've come home.” The reflection spoke, and Tulalin twisted around, but no one was there. She gazed back at the water, and the reflection smiled at her.

“No, Tulalin, we can't be found in the human realm, Faery long ago quit the mortal world and their wars, you've been gone a very long time, and Faery has missed you greatly.” The reflection quivered, and another joined it.

“Tulalin, take my hand,” and she reached out, brushing against the water, felt the pull, and then the laughter.

She jerked her hand back, water nymphs hoping to pull her in, drown her. Tears fell fresh upon the water.

Then, she felt a breath of a touch, and spun around. It was her human lover, bold and strong, and as she watched, his own gossamer colored wings unfurled and batted the breeze gently.

“Tulalin, I've been grant the wish of true love, to remain with you. Touch my hand.” Her fingers itched to touch his body, but she'd already been fooled once.

“How do I know tis really you, not some joke spawned by an evil prankster?” She wiped the traces of her tears, her fingers coating with dust.

“Tulalin, what was my favorite song, we sang together here at the water's edge?” He hummed a few bars as a grin broke out on his face.

She rushed to him and flung her body against his. “Tis you, really and truly!”

And with his touch, they fade to Faery where they live on even today.

The moral of the story: Don't always believe what your eyes think you see, and, Always follow your heart, it will never lead you wrong.


Well, so it turned out to be a fable, wow, I'm surprised, it's not the story I was going to tell.... who knew?  And again, I'm way over on the word count...

If you're playing along, leave me a link so I can see what you've written.  And remember to join us again of next Monday for another edition of....

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge!!

Ciao!  Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Mine
http://blodeuedd83.livejournal.com/141701.html

I do like yours, and you got morale in there too, very nice :D

Michelle Greathouse said...

Dottie,

I like it. :) Sneaky little water nymphs - they can be trouble. LOL

M

Unknown said...

Hi B!

My heart really wasn't in writing the flash this week, lol, want to work on NaNo, but kind of in a funk, I found a splurge of writing last night (woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, lol). But having a totally dry day....

I liked the fable, but it isn't what I had planned to write. Too distracted I guess....

Really enjoyed your take, ended as an fulfilled love story...

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

I really have trouble writing sweet, but I did like the fable, just not in the mood for this one I guess....

I liked your story as well, it was kind of an innocence lost story... what if she had already found true love? Would she have given it up for duty?

hmmmmm.....

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP