Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge, Week 71.... The Friday Post

I haven't had time to do a flash in ages it feels like, but this week is different! Since NaNoWriMo is finished, and editing is all I want to do, I'm making myself leave the story alone. I've read a couple of books and a couple of short stories that I'll be reviewing soon. I've really fallen behind with NaNo eating up so much time!! But, I hope I'm back to my regular blogging schedule.




I loved this image, and immediately knew what I wanted to write. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Here's another peek at it! (and my flash that goes along with it....)




The Guardian
by Dottie Taylor
word count: 618


Nia balanced on the balls of her feet, it didn't help that two freaking wings had suddenly sprouted from her back. How did that happen? Why did that happen?

Ian turned, his eyes wide. “Do you know....?” He gestured over his shoulder, his eyes taking in the wings as they stretched themselves to their full length.

Nia looked at him like he'd grown a second head. “Of course I know!” She nearly shouted, as she tried not to lose her balance, attempted to fold them away. She just couldn't figured out how the make the stupid things work.

Ian circled her body, reached out a hand to stroke the softness of the long white feathers. “They're beautiful.” He whispered, his hands skimmed over the tops, across the bony structure, to their velvety tips. “Wow.” He circled around to face her. “What are you?”

“Cripes Ian, I'm the same person I was a few minutes ago!” She frowned at him, shooting daggers from her eyes.

“Come on Nia, regular people don't have wings growing out of their backs.” He stepped away. Awe colored his features. “You're like one of those guardian angels....” he said softly.

“I am not!!” She replied crossly. “Do something constructive, help me see if I can make them go away!” She twisted around, trying to find a way to make the blasted things disappear as easily as they appeared.

She turned back to face him. “Well, are you going to help?”

Ian's face held a blank stare, his eyes lost their focus, and he slumped to the ground.

“Ian!” She raced to his side to find a blossoming crimson stain covered the back of his shirt. “Oh Ian!” She cried, his life's blood covered her shaking hands, tears glistened on her cheeks.

She caught a glimpse of a shadow rising behind her, felt incredible pain as one of her beautiful wings floated to the ground. The crippling agony bent her and she screamed.

She lifted her pale face to her attacker, slowly dragged herself back to her feet. The nub of her gorgeous wing leaked blood. She reached up and held it, helpless against the monster before her.

He laughed. “Guardian, not so good at your job. Your charge lays at your feet.”

As she held her throbbing wing, a glowing silver sword appeared in her hand. She swung it around, the tip pressed against his neck, a welt of red blood already covered it. “Who are you?” She demanded.

“Merely one of the fallen, sent to eliminate your kind.” He sneered into her face, his own dagger laid upon the ground next to the fading wing.

Nia had no idea what he was talking about, she attended Franklin High School, she wasn't some supernatural being. Then, Ian groaned at her feet.

She squatted down beside him, covered his body with her own, and glared up at the monster. “Leave if you want to keep breathing.” She waved the sword, and it grew brighter. He vanished as quickly as he appeared.

“Ian?” She asked, and she held her hands against his wound. A shining bright light shimmered from her fingertips. She watched as his wound knitted together, her eyes round with wonder.

“Ian?” She asked again gently, she touched his face and he turned to gaze into her eyes.

“Guardian Nia....” He smiled, his eyes glided over her body, both wings whole again. “You're beautiful.”

She grinned back down at him. Someone had some explaining to do, and she figured she'd start with her Aunt Debbie. What the heck was going on in her life?



Hope everyone loved the image as much as I did! Have a great weekend!!!

((hugs))

3 comments:

Anachronist said...

Just explain to me why that Nia of his had to walk around half-naked...

My flash

carol said...

Kind of tough to guard someone if you don't know you're supposed to be doing it. I liked it.

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, Oh Ana ;)

Good story Dottie :) I hope she gets some answers and kicks that fallen's ass

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP