Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Just Been One Of Those Days!!!

Today has just been one of the odd days when no matter what you do, you do the wrong thing.

It started this morning when I woke up, realizing we had a half hour before our appointment for our return to school hair cuts. Okay, this isn't so bad, except is takes 20 minutes to drive to Mattoon were I had made our appointments. That left 10 minutes for four people to get ready. Suddenly, I realized that I'd let my oldest son stay over at a friend's house last night. Cool, only three people to get ready in 9 minutes now.

No time for breakfast, I promised we'd have a good lunch. oops!

My husband was suppose to meet us for lunch. He calls and says he's tied up at work and can't make it. Could I please stop and pick something up for him and bring it back. Not problem, but I only had 10 dollars left after hair cuts, no way is that going to buy four lunches. I can only afford his lunch. I promised the kids a really good dinner. oops!

I grab his lunch (requested Cracker Barrel) and we head for home. When we get home, he's not home, and the fish he wanted from Cracker Barrel is coagulating and congealing. I pop it into the microwave and try to melt the grease back into the fish. It works! He finally makes it home to eat, saying the fish just doesn't taste quite right. (Well, if he had been home when he was supposed to be, maybe the fish wouldn't have been funky!) He eats it, and I provided McDonald's for the kids, real gourmet food there, but no time. School registration, this was supposed to be done last week, but I never made it. Now they're calling me and telling me I have to do it today!

Spent the afternoon registering kids. Too Much Fun! 300 dollars later, I can now no longer afford the great dinner I was going to feed the kids (I'd promised twice today, failed both times.)

Meatloaf night! The kids' absolute favorite meal in the whole world *not*! And I have to go to the store, don't even have everything I need for meatloaf.

At the store while we're checking out, my daughter says, "Hey Mom, what's that?"

I don't know what's she talking about. So I ask, "What are you talking about?"

She points in the air, "That over there, what's that, it kind of looks like the factory in Jumanji."

I still have no clue, I'm looking around the store, glancing at the walls to see if there's picture up that I missed. "I don't know what you talking about."

Now, a very young girl walks up to the cashier who's ringing up our purchases. The cashier bends down and the very tiny girl whispers "where's the...at?" The cashier can't hear her, she steps away from the register taking the small girl with her, and she bends down and listens more intently, this teenie girl whispers again..... and finally the cashier can hear her. And tries to give her directions which she does not understand, and I'm thinking, who sent this child with a handful of change into the store by herself????

By this time, I'm starting to get testy. It's been a long day, I don't have dinner ready, the house is still a mess, and don't forget, I'm broke.

My daughter says again pointing into the air, waving in a general direction, "That over there, can't you see that?"

"NO I CAN'T, WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" I yell, not at the top of lungs, but pretty close.

Well, this gets half the people in the store's attention, as well as the cashier who looks up at me questioningly. The tiniest girl in the world who is totally too young to be in the store by herself shrinks back away, scrunches up her face, clearly terrified of the woman screaming at the girl by the register.

Oh crap, did I just yell that, is my immediate thought. Yep, you did, my subconscious screams back at me.

Now, my daughter who is laughing at all of this, cracking up, shakes her head.

The cashier looks up at me and says, "Uh?" I can tell she's a little pissed, I've frightened the little girl now hiding behind her. I can feel the blood rushing to my face.

My daughter yells across the store, "That okay, she's talking to me."

Now totally freaking embarrassed, I pay for my groceries. My daughter grabs our purchases and we hurry out of the store.

She still cracking up, she points and says, "That building Mom, what did that brick building used to be?"

I look at her and say, "Why did you say you were looking out of the window, across the parking lot, at a building. I thought you were looking at a poster or a picture, asking what is was!!" Now, I'm cracking up. I've embarrassed myself in front of 2/3's of the town. And I realize that I can't go home, I've forgotten toilet paper and I have to go back into the store much to my mortification.

Just another day in the life of a small town woman.

20 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oh Dottie... here you go... \~/
Drink up girl!!! =)

And I was at work thinking you were having a wonderful day getting your hair done!!! LOL!!!

Well for all your hard work today... You will be happy to know that before I read your post... I gave you an award!!!

And I know what you mean... life of a small towner!!!
Tomorrow will be better, I promise... Oh and if you get a chance... go to Hawk's place... I put my name in for the story! You might like it. I did love your last post about what you did!! LOL!!

Chris said...

Um, I'd give you a do over, but I really think you should just crawl under the covers and let this one go! Hang in there...

Teddyree said...

Dottie, you know the good thing about days like those... you share it with buddies in the blogging world, you bring a smile to their face, (or even a giggle, in my case) and we nod thinking yep, one of those days when you shouldn't have got out of bed & then you laugh again & think but at least I'm in good company!

Blodeuedd said...

Morning Dottie
*cyverhugs*
I know those days, they are the days I cut myself and walk into things.
But then there are normal days and I am sure today will be just like that. real food and no stress. Hoping for the best

Amy C said...

Aww, Dottie, I don't like meatloaf either! Good thing I'm not one of your daughters. I only would have made your day worse! :P

I hope you have a better day today!

Hugs!

Mandi said...

Thanks for sharing your day..the next time my day goes downhill I will think about this post and maybe laugh a bit :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

Just one of endless days where it would have been better to just stay home.

Thanks for the award, I'll be by to pick it up.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Chris!

No way am I trying a do over today, once was enough my friend. Maybe this was a good day, could you believe what could happen on a do over? lol. Could be really frightening.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Teddyree!

I glad someone is laughing with me, so embarrassing to yell at the store, I hope no one who knows my husband was there. You know how wicked rumors can be in a small town.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I walk into things everyday, super clumsy, that is actually my super power, Clumsiness. I'll fall on you and squish you with a single fall. lol.

Hope today is better too!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

I don't like meatloaf a whole lot myself, fixed mac and cheese for the kids. If I don't fix something like that to go with, they try to sneak a bowl of cereal or pop tarts instead.

So nutritious and delicious. lol!

Today will be better, I'm very determined.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mandi!

I hope I made someone's day better. If sharing my humiliation with the world serves a purpose, at least I provided laughter to someone's day.

Today will be better!

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

Dottie! Girl, what a day! I think it's safe to say that we've all been there at some point so don't worry, you're not alone. ;)

Thanks for the pimpage!

(((SUPER HUGS))) VFG

Michelle Greathouse said...

Dottie,

At least your daughter had a good laugh. :) I'm sure you will too - one day, looking back on it. LOL

I hope today is better for you my friend. :)

M

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Dottie! That sounds like one of my days, I swear!!!

Oh, I hope the meatloaf came out good. I LOVE meatloaf, but my hubby hates it! Ugh, good stuff. Add some mashed potatoes and I'm golden!

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

Just one of those days, we all have them, I just had mine in front of half the town. lol.

It doesn't get much better.

You're welcome!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

Why is that I always make a fool of my self in public? But, it's hard to do in private isn't it. lol.

At least the day only lasted 24 hours.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

I make my meatloaf with brown sugar, so it actually pretty good, as long as I'm in the mood for it.

Yesterday wasn't one of those days, and I was a little cranky to say the least. I really didn't want to make meatloaf or eat it. We did have taters and it was pretty good, once I got over myself. lol.

Dottie :)

SciFiGuy said...

One of those days where I guess it would be nice to have a do-over. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Hi Doug!

I'd be afraid to do it over, what if it was worse? lol! I don't know how but with my luck, it would happen.

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP