Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Reviewette: Faeries Gone Wild ~ Tall, Dark, and Not So Faery ~ MaryJanice Davidson

Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: 1 - 70

From the Cover: MARYJANICE DAVIDSON “Tall, Dark and Not So Faery”

Scarlett is not your typical pint-sized faery. At six feet, four inches tall, she’s an unlikely candidate for a match made in heaven. But when she ventures to Cannon Falls, Minnesota, on royal orders to survey its extraordinary residents, she stumbles upon the one man who just may measure up to size....

Scarlett is faery on a mission from the King of the Faeries, to count. It's what faeries do best. But Scarlett is OCD about counting....she wants to count, needs to count, WILL count. First, she must get by the Violent Faery's front door and the menagerie that makes up Violent Faery's household. As Scarlett takes 'count' of her surroundings, she discovers that Violent Faery's 'family' consists of: a faery, a dryad, a vampire, a werewolf, a human, and a ghost.

Judith is a SUV, a Ford Escape to be exact. She's been cursed into the SUV by a former boyfriend, who knew you shouldn't cheat on an archmage? Judith is suspicious of Scarlett. Is she here to break up her happy family?

Judith takes matters into to her own hands and decides her mechanic, Coffey Ray, is just what Judith needs to solve her problems. And Coffey Ray knows her secret, she knows his as well. He's safe to bring to the house, and may be the answer to the problem of Scarlett. Now the question remains, will Scarlett count and return to her King brother or can Judith convince her to stay?

Tall, Dark, and Not So Faery by MaryJanice Davison is a sweet tale of the unusual kingdom of Faery. When Scarlett is sent to count Violent Faery, she really tries to succeed in her quest. But, truthfully, she rarely leaves the kingdom and doesn't know what to expect. She's frighten of most mechanical things, and Judith at first terrifies her. Judith is worried that Scarlett will drive her family apart. This story is about Scarlett, but Judith plays a pivotal role in this story as well. Without Judith's intervention, Scarlett may have never found her one true love. Without Scarlett interruption of their lives, Judith would have never succeeded in her quest for freedom and love. The heroes in this story turns out to be the ADD mechanic, Coffey Ray and Owen, the werewolf. Coffey Ray lets Scarlett realizes that dreams come true and Owen allows Judith her freedom.

This is such a cute little story which reflects the humor that infects everything MaryJanice Davidson's creates. People are terrified of the gentle ADD mechanic, but don't see anything wrong with a houseful of supernatural creatures. I think MaryJanice Davidson's goal is to create novels and novellas that bring joy, hilarity, and fun back into your life. Tall, Dark, and Not So Faery is just pure fun. Usually when you hear about a faery story, you think of a tiny little firefly creature, but not in this story. It was a fast, fun read that I read twice to enjoy it a second time. For more information about MaryJanice Davidson or her books, please visit her blog or her website.

I found this beautiful rendition of Betsy Taylor by Jesse Cutler, of Melbourne, Australia on MJ's website. Too Cool.

11 comments:

Blanche said...

Hi Dottie!!

This one sounds like a great read.....I have it in the TBR....somewhere! I'm going to go digging for it, if I disappear you will know I got lost in my books! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

lol, I know about getting lost in the stacks for books, they recently attacked and I found myself buried beneath the teetering piles.

Send up a flare and I'll come help dig you out!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Morning Dottie,
Sure sounds like a fun read. That is a fun anthology you found there.

But now breakfast

Chris said...

Oh, it takes place in Cannon Falls? I didn't realize that - I'll have to read that story for sure!

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

Fun read, really and some were sweet too.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Chris!

That's right close to you, isn't it?

Hope you can pick it you, fun read!

Dottie :)

SciFiGuy said...

This sounds soooo good and I love MJD's writing. My copy is staring at me from my TBR shelf. I must petition for a 30 hour day. MOre time to read.

Unknown said...

Hi Doug!

Where can I sign up for the petition? More hours, more reading.

I love MJD, I've read almost everything she's written and now she's coming out with a new series. Can't wait!

Dottie :)

Ladytink_534 said...

This has been on my list since I first heard about it. Davidson is the only author I've read before here but I have a feeling I'd like them all.

Unknown said...

Hi LadyTink!

All the stories are fast fun reads, all good. I love Dust Me Baby, One More Time by Michele Hauf, too cute.

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

Good Day!!! myblog2point0.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent innovative websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. I will be back.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP