Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge, Week 9...... The Friday Post

Okay, so today has been one wild day!!  For one thing, it's my daughter's 18th birthday!

Happy Birthday Kirsten!!!

And it's her senior night at school, I'm already crying... and yesterday, we did this massive college visit, I mean, that college didn't want us to leave!! We toured, talked to students. visited with the President, and the Dean of Students, who assured us that the $36000.00 per year was more than worth the education Kirsten would receive at their fine institution!  "36000" as in dollars, not nickels, dimes or quarters, but dollars X 4 years + 2 years for her masters (the price increases exponentially).

CRAP, lol, just when I thought I was getting ahead. Well, at least I don't think she'll be attending this particular school, they talked down gymnastics (it's not really a sport) and anyone who knows my daughter knows she has to be able to participate in some more of cheer, tumbling, or gymnastics. She plans on coaching for extra money while in school! They lost her when they said their cheerleaders sucked. With her GPA, she can just about go anywhere she wants, she just has to find what's right for her.

I was also suppose to have my review of Magick Charm up yesterday, but we didn't get home until 9pm, and I was too tired to mess with my blog, the review will be posted this afternoon, and I have to say, it was a great read, funny, snarky, and sassy! Anyone would LOVE this book!

So, now after all my venting (thank you blogosphere peeps!!  I really heart you!), it's time for the response to Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge. I didn't have anything written, again, so I had to write in a hurry. Here's the picture prompt for week 9.


Beautiful isn't it!  Thanks Michelle for accumulating such an eclectic folder of images!

And here's my response, I went a little over on the word count this week, but the picture was fantastic.


The Lady in White
By: Dottie Taylor
word count: 455


Melissa hated cemeteries, there was too much unrest, too much sensory overload, too much everything.

“She's so beautiful.”

“Who's so beautiful, sweetie?”

“The Lady, Mommy.”

“What lady honey?”

“The Lady in White, Mommy....” Melissa glanced around, she didn't see anything, but that wasn't unusual, Tanya was more perceptive. Suddenly, Tanya clutched Melissa's hand tensely. “Mommy! They're hurting her...! Help her Mommy, help her!” Tanya's startling blue eyes filled with tears.

Melissa reached out with her senses and the Lady shimmered before her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath, she was beautiful. There was a great battle being waged, one where the Lady's soul was in question. The phantoms pulled and pushed, jabbed and jerked, yet the Lady lied there, either unable or unwilling to help herself.

Melissa heard a quiet pained moan, the Lady's eyes glazed, losing focus. A pale white hand reached out, and a sound so soft came, Melissa almost didn't hear. “Leave me, let them take me... I can fight no more....”

Melissa's eyes welled with tears and she pushed Tanya behind her body gripping her small hand tightly. Melissa focus all the power she could garner, and held out her palm. “Please, I can help you, come with me.”

The Lady reached out, but the phantoms pushed her body back, they were determined to take the Lady.

Tears fell from Melissa's eyes, she pleaded again, and took a step closer. “Please, all you have to do is touch my fingertips.”

The Lady stretched as the phantoms screamed with hatred. They knew if the vessel was reached, all would be lost. With one last burst of strength, the Lady extended the tips of her fingers, grazing Melissa's own. A brush of screaming bright light suffused the cemetery, encompassing Melissa, Tanya, and the Lady.

The Lady sat up, phantoms gone as was the cemetery. She'd been tortured for a century, since her death. “Who are you?” she questioned, her eyes brimming with unshed tears, her body finally free.

“My daughter is the vessel, I am the light.” Melissa relayed to the Lady. “You are delivered from the fallen one.”

Slowly, the Lady advanced to Melissa, and dropped to her knees. “Thank you.” She touched Melissa's hand, the one still holding Tanya's. “Thank you both.” The Gates behind her waited.

Melissa smiled, a soul for a soul, the Gates opened and Michael strolled forward. He was the might, and in his hand rested the Sword of Destiny.

“They're waiting for you,” Michael touched the Lady's shoulder. She stood and walked away.

Michael gather his wife and daughter in his arms. “Let's go home.” A soul for a soul.



So anyway, this is my take, what's yours?


And remember to tune in on Monday for another Flash Fiction Challenge!



**Also remember to stop by Sassy Brit's for her Sunday Story Starter!!


****Remember, you have 2 weeks to sign up for NaNoWriMo, is easy, quick, and free!!  Come write with me!  If you choose to join (and write), buddy me, the more the merrier!!

Ciao!!

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Wow that is scary expensive! I am so glad an uni education here is free.

And great post Dottie

Michelle Greathouse said...

I can't imagine paying $36,000 a year for college. Good grief. I am so glad we have HOPE in Georgia. As long as your grades are good, you receive financial assistance.

Your story is wonderful Dottie. It still amazes me how we can all look at the same picture and be inspired in so many different ways. :)

Have a great weekend.

M

And Happy Birthday Kirsten!!

Amy C said...

Hey Dottie!

I agree with Michelle, it is always interesting to see how we come up with different things!

Wonderful flash, and done at the last minute also!

Oh wow, 36,000 per year? That is super expensive! Hopefully she finds a school that is right for her :).

Teddyree said...

Happy belated birthday to Kirsten, hope you all had a wonderful celebration. Wow the years fly don't they!

I had to look at the zeros a few times to make sure I'd read that uni cost right ... phew that's enough in itself to make you cry LOL.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP