Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blood of My Blood by Dottie Taylor ~ Deadline Dames Entry



I clung to the shadows, watching every movement. The moment of arrival was growing near. I overheard the whispering and wondering of the crowd that surrounded me.

“He is to arrive today?” One wondering voice spoke at the edge of the crowd, someone I didn’t know or had any desire to know, cattle. There was an ominous excitement in the air.

Still I watched, unable to leave, drawn to the happening even against my will, strong as it was. Had time changed his appearance? Would he still feel my very presence after all these years?

I turned at the approaching sound, the quickening of my heart as it pounded out a static note. Still hidden by the silhouettes, I felt the coming dread and despaired. I felt his essence in the air even though he was as yet unseen.

Finally, there! I sunk deeper in the friendly shadows, concealed as I was from his view. But I knew he had felt my being, much as I had felt his. His piercing vision seeking out the gray areas, already hunting me out of the dimness.

I pushed harder, falling further back against the windows, the night sky seeming to reflect my internal torment. The mortals knew not what they were welcoming into this place. The thing that made my nightmares come to life. A glance out from the darkness to catch a glimpse as he passed by, a knowing smile broadening across his smooth features.

My maker has come home.

8 comments:

Amy C said...

Awesome job with that entry! Now that I'm seeing it along with the picture, it turned out very cool!

Good luck!

I'll have to be more vigilant for next months photo!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

I didn't think the pic was that inspiring, but I don't know. I like the pic, it reminds me of something, but I can't figure out what!

I'll try to keep an eye out, but I just missed it this time. I'll try to notice it earlier, I hate when I have to rush!

Dottie :)

SciFiGuy said...

Dottie I had to go back to the Dames site because I completely missed the mention of this contest (not a fiction bone in my body I'm afraid). I like the atmosphere of your story. Good luck with your entry! Very cool having the pros review and pick a winner.

Unknown said...

Hi Doug!

I think it's fun playing with the flash fiction, I remembered this contest so late (I'd completely forgot to check their site at the beginning of the month), I only had 15 minutes to write my entry. LOL!

I'm ever so slightly daft sometimes.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Dottie,
Cool, entry, good luck :D
And yes that photo, not that inspiring

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

It just didn't grab my attention, I know I've seen something like it before, but I don't remember where.

At month's pic was cool, I really liked it.

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

OMG...it's an awesome entry! I love the mysterious picture too!

Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm sending my thoughts your way!

Bring the win home, Babe! BRING IT HOME.

Hugs
Hawk

Unknown said...

Hi Hawk!

Seeing how I forgot there was a writing contest, and I only had a few minutes left to enter, I gave it my best shot! lololol!

I'll try to be more timely next month.

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP