Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sassy Sunday Story Starter.... One Week Late.....

I haven't participated in Sassy's SSSS in a while because I've been too freaking busy, lol. But, I decided to give this one a try because when I was over on her blog, I immediately knew how the story was going to evolve. Took less than thirty minutes, lol.... Last week's prompt was from L.P. Robinson (which I ever so slightly edited to pm instead of am).



One More Night
by: Dottie Taylor
Work Count:  525


At 10:00 pm, I arrived at 220 Jackson Lane and found the body of a teenaged boy wrapped in a blanket and hidden in the basement. His name is...

I checked the log sheet, Luis McEnberry, fifteen years old. I scrubbed a hand across my forehead, it was a bitch being the assistant medical examiner for LeRoy County. Doc Lassy never came out in the middle of the night.

Squatting down next to the body, I looked over at the police photographer, and he nodded his head.

“Hey Nic, this is a bitch of a night, ain't it?”

“Yeah Paulie it is, I could've lived forever without another one of these calls.”

“Fuck, me too. You ready ta see the body?”

“I guess so... hey Mark, get you ass over here.”

My assistant slouched over, barely more than a teenager himself. I motioned for him to help me lift the blanket, sliding it into it's own garbage size baggie.

“Man, Doc, I hate this shit... These latex gloves make me itch.”

“Shut up Mark, on three we roll the body.”

“Whatever you say Doc.”

“Three!” We eased the body over, and the photographer stood quickly, snapping a few more photos. I motioned for him to take a close up. There were odd markings on his neck.

Suddenly, the body sat up, shivered violently, then started kicking and gasping like a fish out of water.

I hadn't yet touched the body long enough to feel for a pulse, but someone's ass was going to get kicked, and I hoped it wouldn't be mine.

Hurriedly, I leaned in and grabbed the boy's shoulders. “I need 5cc's of eppy now!”

Mark jumped up and looked at me, “Shit Doc, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about!” He stepped back, “this motherfucker's still alive!”

I motioned to the medical kit, and he shoved it toward me. Grabbing the quickpin, I jabbed the kid's thigh with the eppy pin, hoping to stimulate his breathing. As he started to relax in my grip, I felt his carotid, no pulse. What the fuck was going on?!?

His raspy voice whispered from his punctured throat, “What's happening to me?”

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist, pulling it to his mouth. He sniffed the flesh before ripping through it and squeezing it in a death grip against his mouth. “Mmmmm, I want...”

Distantly, I heard a scream, and then another, and I realized it was me. Jerking my arm away, gore covered his mouth. He heaved a huge sigh, and jumped to his feet, horrified. “WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME???” He flashed up the stairs, and I heard the door being torn from the house.

There was a mad dash of activity, APB's sent out, radios squawking, as I sank to the ground, holding my bloodied wrist. As I watched the blood coagulated, the burning eased. One of the cops wrapped it, trying to push me toward the ambulance, but I brushed him off. I could see the wound had already healed.

“I'm fine, I'll come by in the morning to make a statement.” As casually as I could, I walked to my car and slide behind the wheel, before the shivering started. I had to get home. What the hell was going on?



Well, see what I mean, 30 minutes to finish (it took longer to do the posting, lol)... and vampires.... yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP