Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer TV ~ Who knew?

I've been watching a few of the new limited edition Summer TV shows (mainly because it has been stinking hot here, like the breath of Satan hot). But, lets face it, Summer TV viewage is usually lacking. This Summer, I've been pleasantly surprised, though it's still earlier in the viewing season and I'm easily fooled. Believe me, I don't have time to watch them all, but I don't sleep as much as I used to either....

Teen Wolf on MTV


Scott McCall (Tyler Posey) is a newly bitten were in this series where hunters exist as well as Lacrosse. MTV is making it's foray into teen TV, NOT based in a reality show format. I've been enjoying it, glad see MTV offering something besides teen reality shows. BooYa!

Falling Skies on TNT


Professor Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) leads a resistance band known as 2nd Mass as weird insectile looking alien race reins down on the Earth. Favorite line..."They can be killed, you just have to get in close." TNT has offered others shows, but it their first foray into a SciFi based fantasy, surprisingly good. Steven Spielberg directs.

Franklin & Bash on TNT


Franklin (Breckin Meyer) & Bash (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) are lawyers with an irreverence for the law. It isn't strictly comedy, and certainly not drama, but together Franklin and Bash are proving to be humorous.

Suits on USA


Suits hasn't actually premiered yet (June 23), but it's USA's answer to Franklin & Bash, but with more drama, and some comedy. It's one I'm hoping pans out.

The Nine Live of Chloe King on ABC Family


Chloe King (Skyler Samuels) discovers the cat-like abilities after falling to her death. She's the descendent of an ancient shifting race called Mai. Her adoptive family brought her from the Ukraine. So far, lite and somewhat fluffy, but promises more. I'll keep watching.

Some old stand bys:

Covert Affairs on USA


Anne Wilkes (Piper Perabo) and Auggie Anderson (Christopher Gorham) team up for a second year as CIA operatives. Fun action/adventure, I enjoy this one last year, peeking in again this year.

Burn Notice on USA





Michael Weston (Jeffery Donovan) and Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) bring us the fifth season of the action/adventure/spies gone wild show. Lets see if they can keep the show fresh, it's a past favorite for me. A covert operative gets burned, assets frozen and unable to leave Miami where trouble seems to find him. He must right the wrongs, plus he can use the cash.


White Collar on USA


Criminal Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer) and Special Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay) fight crime in a whole new way in this third season series. I love Neal's Sinatra-esque suits, ties, and hats. Again, a show with a little irreverence and more drama. And I have to admit, Matt Bomer looks cute in the skinny ties.

Shows Yet to Come, But Highly Anticipated!

Eureka on Syfy


Can't wait to see what the inhabitants of the world biggest small town have in store for us this season, starts July 11.

Trueblood on HBO


Trueblood resumes this Sunday (June 26)... I love Sookie and the gang... waiting, anticipating, salivating...

Alphas on Syfy


Having high hopes for this one, hoping it's not Heroes Redux..... (July 11)


The great thing about all of these shows are that the networks show them over and over again throughout the week, and seeing how I never have time to actually sit down and watch, I usually pick up the rerun late at night (you know, when insomnia as been known to reign, we're close friends... not good friends...). So, between running around with the kids, reading in the car, and watching TV in the middle of the night... my Summer's been quite full.... well, not really, but what are you going to do?

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I will watch the alien and cat show soon I hope :) And of course I am watching White C, yum! And Covert Affairs too, I sure liked last weeks ep with Oded Fehr

Jennifer Wells said...

I was pleasantly surprised with Teen Wolf so far too. Much better than I expected!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP