Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Black Fang by Susan Blexrud

Publisher: DCL Publications
Pages: 45


(Released: August 17, 2011)

From the Cover:

Someone is deliberately infecting bats with a deadly fungus. The flying mammals are dying by the thousands, and along with them, a significant number of vampires in bat form have also succumbed.

Enter John and Lauren Wright. The vampire couple has conquered evil enemies in the past, but the perpetrator behind the bat deaths is more cunning than any they’ve encountered. Though John initially suspects that werewolves are the culprits, he discovers he is up against a colony of Unseelie faeries. The intoxicating scent of the faeries has been known to deceive vampires, pitting friend against friend—and wife against husband.

When a good friend flies into John's house, dying from fungus poisoning known as white nose syndrome, John makes it his business to find out what's going on. The vampires are falling as quickly as their little furry friends, and it has to stop.

To find out, he'll have to go bat himself. He suspects the weres, but after investigating, it appears to have a fey connection. When his wife, Lauren gets suck into a fairy mound, he'll have to try something new and hope it works, or she'll forget him and their daughter forever.


Black Fang is an excellent tidbit of a read from Susan Blexrud. She gives us characters that while preternatural are all too human, with just enough humor to give the reader a few chuckles too. I very much enjoyed this new addition to her Love Fang books. Just what I needed between reads and after NaNoWriMo, the perfect little getaway, the perfect change of pace even if only for a few moments. Five out of five fairy kisses for this reader.







I received this book from the author, because that's just how she rolls (and besides, I had to read.... there were fairies involved....). Thanks Susan!! All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

Susan Blexrud said...

Oh, Dottie, I'm so glad you enjoyed Black Fang, my little tidbit of justice for bats. Thank you.

And goodness, I've never seen a bigger version of the cover! Did you notice that the cover artist, the incomparable Annie Marshall, matched my hero's eyes to the background? I told her he had violet eyes, and she made it work.

Again, Dottie, many thanks! You are a treasure to the romance industry. Keep up the good work!

With affection,
Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Susan!

I did see the violet eyes matched the violet background, uber goodness and sexy!! It also just happens to be my favorite color, lol!!

I like to post a nice large picture of the cover art, to see and give the full effect of what someone has worked so hard to make happen. It is lovely art. Annie Marshall must be very talented! You are blesed!!

I'll look forward to the next little bit you have for us!

Dottie :)

Miriam Newman said...

What a cute site, Dottie!--and I know Susan's books, I have all of them. The perfect read for a quiet afternoon or evening. It's on my TBSI--to be snowed in--pile.

Unknown said...

Hi Miriam!

Tink is my babe, lol, she's sweet and sassy!

Nice to meet another one of Susan's many fans!! Her books are the perfect read for an afternoon, or anytime you need a break. I like to sandwich them in after a stressful day or a long read. It was a perfect stress reliever for the after NaNoWriMo writing blues, lol. I love her characters, so much fun!! Black Fang was a sweet little read, I very much enjoyed it!!

Thanks for stopping by Miriam!!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP