Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reviewette: Demon's Delight --- The Demon's Angel --- by Emma Holly

Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Pages: 159 - 239

From the Cover: A beautiful scientist in the realm of the Demon World falls in love with a human male she has experienced on.....and is changed forever.....

The humans live a life of drudgery, the Demon's a life of luxury....does this seem fair?

Dr. Khira Forette's one of the genius scientific geneticists in the Demon World. If only the Emperor can see it her way. She could help demons far and wide.

Harry Wirth, the King of Costermongers (Victorian street vendor), has lived a hard life from an orphanage to life on the street to the comfortable home he has struggle to make, but for what, he shares it with no one, has no one at home.

Khira has worked her entire demonic life to prove she the best geneticists and now her dreams have come true. Although she abhors the idea, she must kidnap a healthy strong human male to complete her research.

Harry sits alone in the bar, when he sees a beautiful demon come through the door. How does he know it's a demon? The light shimmers on her silver metallic eyes, Yama demon is he remembers his days on the streets. And she's looking right at him, as he stands, puffing his chest, his driving manly force barely contained. Suddenly, she leaves, Harry feels let down. Human society is far less advanced than that of the demon, and she apparently wasn't looking for a human tonight.

As Harry leaves the bar, two military class demons attack him, kidnap him, drug him with some weird demonic agent causing him to be paralyzed, that is with the exception his throbbing member which has reacted strongly to the demonic pheromones. He is transported by train and flying ship to a hidden mountain top lab.

At the lab, Khira begins her dreaded work. She's trying to enhance the genetic code, rewire the DNA to make it better and fix any anomalies she finds. But the price of experimenting on Harry is physical contact, skin on skin. Little does Harry know that human energy is an aphrodisiac to the demon body. Soon, Harry and Khira are connecting in ways that blows both of their minds.

Khira begins her experiments only to find Harry is resistant to her attempts. As she releases Harry, she realizes that she has become addicted to the energy force his body emits. Harry admits he just as addict to her. She thinks, just one night of madness, then her head will be clear. As Harry and Khira come together with the force of a small hurricane, Harry relaxes enough for Khira's experiments to take effect. Soon, he's floating off the ground with his very own angel wings.

Khira realizes that this development may cost Harry his life, if not hers. She must hide him, help him to escape. But where will they go? What will they do? Who can she trust?

The Demon's Angel by Emma Holly was an incredibly fast read. It brings together the feel of Victorian England and the advanced culture of a demon society. It's full of hot sex, hotter bodies, and love between a demon and a human. Khira has always felt that she unworthy of the demon class. She's smart, thoughtful, and kind to Harry in the only way she can. She's a heroine who's afraid to love and be loved in return. Afraid of the rejection she has seen in the eyes of others. Harry is a hard as nails man, a hero to be reckoned with; he's used to people following his orders. But he's lonely, he's tired of living just to make money. There has to be more to life than what he's been living. When the sexy demon captures him body and then soul, there is little he can do to stop himself. He wants her in the most primitive way, and come hell or high water, he will have her. Emma Holly is another new author for me, her stories are chocked full of erotic love scenes. I highly recommend this novella for adults because they are mega hot and extra steamy. Definitely not for the faint of heart. If you'd like for information about the steamy novels by Emma Holly, please check out her website. It's definitely an adult only site.

32 comments:

Minding Spot said...

Great review!! Sounds very steamy too :)

Blanche said...

Hi Dottie!

I have a couple of Emma Holly books in my TBR but not this one! Great review!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy!

It was very hot...in every imaginable way! It was a fun little read.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

Emma Holly is a new author for me, and by far, this was the smokiest story in the anthology. All are paranormal romance, but this one needs a new catergory...erotic paranormal romance!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Mmm, nice indeed! I do want to read these stories

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

It was a really fun fast novella. I picked this anthology pick up on the recommendation of Vickie Taylor (she was part of the BITE anthology I read earlier). I'll put the review of her novella up tomorrow. It was so sweet.

Demon's Angel was really, really hot (I was looking for my oven mittens to turn the pages - it was ouch hot). I really enjoyed it!

Dottie :)

(Is it late there - I'm glad you're stopping by, I love your comments!!)

Blodeuedd said...

Haha, oh yes I know about that. When I was reading Hit in Here this morning I had to stop and pause afraid that my computer would turn on fire ;)

Well I am actually dead tired but had to install adobe on my bf's compy since he had taken away everything and reinstalled windows or something. Need to be able to read Hot in Here tomorrow.

Right now 11.30 PM. But holiday tomorrow, yay

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I stayed up last night and finished Hot in Here, it was so good, although my computer did get a little smoky! It was sizzling, I'm going to write my review tomorrow probably, post it on Friday. I just got the book 2 days ago, so I had to read it quickly. It was a really fast read.

Don't you just love Windows, it goes down, you have to re-load, lose all your information...urrr!

It about 3:45 pm here, so that's quite a difference. Hope you sleep well tonight!

(hugs)

Dottie :)

Mandi said...

Emma Holly is someone who I really want to read! I have the Hot Blooded Anthology and I believe she has a story in there. I have yet to read it though. Nice review:)

Unknown said...

Hi Mandi!

She was a new author for me, and her story was by far the hottest of the four in the anthology. I'm not kidding, oven mittens were needed.

I haven't read the Hot Blooded Anthology, so I'll have check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dottie!! Wonderfuly review as always. Emma Holly...I've heard of her but I don't think I've read any of her books. Oy...I'm starting to sound like a broken record, lol! But it's true! With all the reading I've done there are so many authors I haven't tried yet!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Hot In Here!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

Emma Holly was new for me too. But as I'm picking up more anthologies, I'm getting a feel for what all these different authors are like, and there's a whole lot of new ones for me. I thought I was well read, but there are so many authors I still need to read. I never really liked anthologies until I read BITE. Vickie Taylor put me on to this one, I hadn't even heard of it. I'm so glad she did, it was really good. So, I know what you mean, so many great authors, so little time. I'm definitely going to try more of Vickie Taylor's book, but they're really hard to find. Emma Holly has a whole set of historicals, paranormals, and steamy erotica listed on her website, I'll be trying some of those too.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Yup, the compy is sure on fire here too :) I plan to read some today, and tomorrow. Hopefully up tomorrow or on Saturday. But since I have a 4 day weekend, there will be other things to do. Like enjoying the sun :D
Hm if I only had that laptop, lol.

Windows *sighs* I am glad he had saved what I had left on a USB. Cos he did loose everything on this external hard drive some weeks ago

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I know, Hot in Here is HOT! Can't wait to see your review and your thoughts on the story. It a holiday weekend here too, it's Memorial Day, national holiday here. A day to remember the important people in our lives and the nation as well. The kids celebrate the beginning of summer! All the pools open this weekend. So, we'll be getting out and enjoying the sun too, but not with public pools.

I have a laptop, but the battery life sucks. A desktop would be worse, I know, I gave my daughter my desktop (it's a mac mini - tiny but you have to attach a monitor).

I have a problem with windows, the software as well as the computers they put it on. I bought this laptop to help with finishing my degree. I needed something I could take to class that was inexpensive. I wish I would have spent a little more money and bought an Apple instead. Crashes all the time and I've replaced everything except the keypad, and the keys are starting to stick.

Live and Learn.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Oh Memorial Day, didn't know that.
Today is Ascension, hm, was the the word. So a free holiday, yay. And cos it's always on a Thursday I took tomorrow off to have a 4 day holiday.

Laptops are nice, I did well without one since I like good old pen and paper. And there were a lot of computer labs on campus. But for some reason now when i have graduated I really want one.

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

Ascension Day, my husband was letting me about it. He likes to listen to a podcast from the Netherlands and they were talking about Ascension Day. As a nation, we don't celebrate this one and it's not talked about much here. We do celebrate Casimir Pulaski Day in the begin of March. Used to get it off from school, but not so much anymore. He was supposed to have done something in revolutionary war (1700s), but I never really understood. It's still listed on all of our calendars. I'm glad you were able to take Friday off as well. I love little mini vacations. Yay!!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

I have certainly never heard about him, but hey free day :)

Yes we are like one of the least religious countries in the world, but with one of the highest rate of people in one single church. We are religious by tradition, but a tiny percentage actually care about religion. It's a very private thing. And separate from state. And we do like our holidays, like May 1st

Unknown said...

The United States has many diverse religions, but one of the largest being Roman Catholic. I think church and state were meant to be separate, not influence each other.

I mostly like to take the days off as a free holiday. It's better to have holidays than work, don't you think? I'm loving holiday fun and sun! Hope you get to too.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

We are 85 % Evangelic Lutheran, 6 % Greek-orthodox and the rest are all different kinds.
And I do think they should be separate, and more private. Here we always think it's a bit strange when the president of the US, and movie stars thanks God and stuff. If someone did that here, nope wouldn't go down well even though most of us belong to the same church.

I seem to be in explain mode today :)

And after some rain and distant thunder we did get a lovely warm and sunny day. Hopefully going out to the archipelago on the weekend, so will be lovely.

But now, dead tired again, but had to watch the movie Fanboys. I am such a nerd.

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I so totally agree with you. I can't believe we that our President would say that he answered to a higher power. I don't care if he's religious or not, but I would like it if he kept his views to himself. It kind of embarrassed me. I don't think movie stars should be doing it either. I'm private about my beliefs though. I get uncomfortable with people who tell how religious they are, they always seem kind of fake to me. Again, privacy would be nice.

It is finally sunny here and the farmers are getting back into the fields, they have been soaked with rain for weeks here, actually flooding out the roads. (Rural life.) You are so lucky getting to go to the archipelago on the weekend. We don't have anything like that around here, nothing even close. *envious* :)

I know it's late for you, I hope you enjoyed Fanboys!! Have fun!

(hugs)

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

Fantastic Review Dottie!

I LOVE Emma Holly! Especially her Demon series. My fave is 'Prince of Ice'. It's one of the MOST erotic reads, IMO.

:) VFG

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

Well, Emma Holly's novella was very hot, very erotic. And when I was on her website, she had posted that this story was a tie in with her Demon series. I'll have to try Pirate of Ice, she was a new author for me. Can't wait to try one of her full length novels.

This is why I'm really starting to like anthologies, I get a little taste of what the author is about, new author's or author's I've previously read that are trying something new.

Dottie :)

K. said...

Great review! I like your site, Dotti!

(And thanks for posting on my blog!) Love the 'Tink-age' on your page. I'll be wearing a Tink pin at the RWA conference in DC -- she's the Pixie Chicks mascot (2008 Golden Heart finalists). Tink rocks! :D

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly!

Love that you stopped by, Tink is my babe!

Congrats on to you - 2008 Golden Heart finalists! Woohoo! Wish I could get to DC to see it! I hear it's going to be a blast!

Congrats on the cover art and book, it is really HOT!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Dottie,
Totally agree, some things are just private. So I am glad I live here, where all tend to be private with those kind of things. Cos I do have two very religious friends but they never bring it up.

Flooding sounds bad, we haven't had that much rain. But yes I saw that farmers are out in the fields now when we went to my parents for dinner. And tomorrow the sea, yay :D And there will be a barbeque, yummy

Fanboys was a treat for the nerd in me

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

We share the privacy issue then, for some reason here in the US, people seem to need to tell everyone their beliefs, I don't see the need.

The farmers have been out here fast and furious, trying to till and plant before the next round of rain that supposed to come this weekend. So, maybe the weather here won't be so great. I may so tired of rain. It's a litte overcast today, but still a beautiful day at about 77 degrees. I will take this weather of the cold and snow anyday.

Have fun by the sun and eat some yummy barbecue for me, it's one of my favorites.

I'm glad you enjoyed Fanboys!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Caffey said...

Love Emma's books! I can't believe after reading the above post and now this one that I haven't read it yet!! An awesome review Dottie!

Unknown said...

Hi Caffey!

Thanks, I loved this anthology if you couldn't tell...lolol.

Dottie :)

Ladytink_534 said...

This one doens't exactly sound up my alley but I still want to pick up this anthology for the other authors. This is a great review!

Unknown said...

Hi LadyTink!

Emma Holly writes paranormal romance as well as historicals, but some are erotica. But, this was the only erotic novella in the anthology.

Dottie :)

Diana Rubino said...

HI Dottie,
Great review!
I saw your comment on Roxanne's blog when I guested yesterday.
I'm very impressed with your blog, you put a lot of time and work into it. Mine is only a few weeks old. Would you like to guest on my blog or have a contest for my vamp book? Please drop me a line and let me know. diana@dianarubino.com.

Unknown said...

Hi Diana!

I'll drop you a line, okay?

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP