Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 544

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
From the Cover: When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.

What Bella doesn't realize is that the closer she gets to his, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And it might be to late to turn back...

Bella Swan has spent two weeks every summer in Forks, Washington, that is until her fourteenth summer when she rebelled against the whole wet cool summer thing without the Phoenix sun. California was the location of choice from that point on where her father Charlie would vacation. But now, at seventeen, Bella must make the choice to live with Charlie in Forks. Her mother, Renee has remarried and her step-father, Phil, has a chance at a minor league baseball contract in Jacksonville, Florida, almost 1800 miles from her beloved Phoenix. As Bella breathes in her last warm dry air, she already misses Phoenix, her home.

Charlie has a surprise as they reach the small house where Charlie and Renee once lived together. Knowing Bella will need transportation, an old red truck waits for her. In Phoenix, Bella went unnoticed in a crowd, but in Forks, Bella's beauty stands out in the small school. Suddenly boys notice her much to her embarrassment. But the only ones that catches Bella's attention is the table of kids that keeps to themselves, all stunningly beautiful, the Cullens. One Cullen in particular, Edward Cullen, is really eye worthy. Unfortunately, the Cullens don't socialize outside of their family. And such an odd family, all adopted by Dr. Carlisle and Esme Cullen, and rarely seen apart, Rosalie and Emmett, Alice and Jasper, and Edward, always alone. The one time Edward does notice Bella in Biology is with a look of disgust, maybe an unpleasant odor surrounded her that day.

After that, Edward is mysteriously absent from school, but upon his return, he seems to be a different person. Suddenly he is speaking to Bella, watching her. He saves her when Tyler's van almost crushes her body into the side of her truck, how did move so fast? And why is he denying it? Another odd thing, he keeps telling her it would be better to not be friends, but continues to occupy her time and her thoughts.

Charlie's best friend, Billy Black along with son Jacob, come into Forks for a visit. Jacob remembers Bella from the summers and time at the res. When Bella and friends head to the res beach, La Push, Jacob tells her the story of the Cold Ones - vampires, the Cullens, and the men who can shift into wolves, his people - the Quileutes - the Protectors, descendants of the wolf. Which gets Bella to consider the story and the Cullens...why is Edward so cold to the touch?

When Bella confronts Edward, he admits that he is vampire, a monster. Carlisle found Edward dying of influenza in 1918, and turned him. Then came Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett - all victims of what would have been early death. Alice and Jasper found the Cullen coven and they became a family. Edward, Alice, and Jasper all have special abilities that vampirism has enhanced. Edward can read thoughts. Alice sees the future, but the future can always change. Jasper's aura can have a calming effect on the most disturbed crowd. But Bella's thoughts are a mystery to Edward, she's a blank page, most refreshing and very irritating. Bella should be afraid, but she isn't, she's enthralled. Soon she finds out why Edward is always absent on sunny days, his skin glows like a million diamonds stars all twinkling at once. So beautiful, so hard not to touch. As Edward desensitizes himself to Bella's enchantingly delicious aroma, he is able to touch her, fluttering her heart with the need to be closer, to press lips firmly and frantically together.

Bella and Edward spend so much time together that soon they cannot bear to be apart, they have become an addicting force for each other. When the family plans a baseball outing, Edward brings Bella. Baseball can only be played during thunder storms to hide the wondrous smashing of the baseball against the bat of the vampire players. But suddenly Alice sees the future changing, a group of vampires is approaching and one of them is a tracker. Laurent, James, and Victoria come upon the Cullens wanting to join in their game, baseball is loved by all, even vampires. But when James picks up Bella's enticing scent, the Cullens go into protective mode; further enraging James who must have the deletable dish the Cullens are protecting. There is only thing way Bella can do, run as fast and as far as she can and hope the Cullens get him before he gets her.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a fascinating look at a world of vegetarian vampirism and bring vampires into a new light. Vegetarian because the vampires no longer prey on humans; the only prey these vampires hunt is the four legged variety. Emmett's favorite is bear, Edward's mountain lion; the prey animals becomes the prey, and there's a new prey animal at the top of the food chain - vampire. The wonderfully attractive vampires are the ultimate hunter; they exude pheromones that entice humans, superior strength, sight, hearing, and sense of smell. Bella is helpless as the heroine attracted to the vampire. As she breathes in Edward's scent, it sends her senses tingling as no other has before. Edward is the dark hero; thinking of himself as the monster; trapped forever in an existence that he no longer wants. To Bella, he is like the most mouth watering candy there is. But, Bella has the same effect on Edward, something that's never happened to him before; something that's been missing from his long lonely existence, love. In all of Edward's one hundred years, no one has stirred his heart, crept into his thoughts, and tangled his imagination as Bella has, and it just may save his life. Twilight is the best in YA, entertaining and a winning story. Currently, there are four books in the Twilight Saga, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. If you check Ms. Meyer's website, a partial draft on Midnight Sun (Edward's story) is available for your perusal. It is a fun take on Edward's point of view, and well worth the time it takes to read. Visit Ms. Meyer's website for more information on all her great books and stories. I literal could not put this book down; even when I wasn't reading it, it held my thoughts. I feel to caught all of the nuances going on in the book, a second reading is not a bad thing. Although this is categorized as a YA book, I highly recommend this book to the young and old alike. It was excellently entertaining.



Twilight the Movie Starring Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart
Director: Catherine Hardwicke
Running Time: 121 minutes



The Twilight movie has several difference from the book. Most of them are fill ins to make the story more appealing to a viewer, where the book lets the reader's imagination wander. There is little background information given about the Cullens, only Edward and Emse stories are brushed upon; Carlisle's, Rosalie's, and Emmett's stories are left out entirely as is any mention of the Volturi. Jasper's calming ability is never mention. Maybe these storylines will be brought forward as background information in the movies yet to come. One of the most powerful lines in the movie is the reference to the lion and lamb. Edward say "And the lion fell in love with the lamb." If you haven't read the book, the reference looses some of it's meaning because you'll never know Edward's favorite thing to hunt is mountain lion. He wants the challenge and danger of the lion, but in Bella's case, he'll settle for the sweetness of the lamb. There are dramatic differences in the movie as well. In the book, Edward never invites Bella over for dinner; she does go to his home to meet his family where she's learns their stories including Carlisle's time with the Volturi. Bella confronts Edward on the mountain in the movie about his vampirism, which is not portrayed in the book. There are other differences as well, but I guess only a purist would continue to point them out. It is a decent showing of the Stephenie Meyer's novel and very entertaining, a worthy watch for all Twilight fans.

Here's a peek at the Twilight Movie trailer from October 2008.



I love this song from the movie soundtrack written by Carter Burwell, Bella's Lullaby. Robert Pattinson was supposed to write it, but he was unhappy with the finished piece. He does play the song and has other songs on the soundtrack. A multi-talented attractive young man, what more could you ask for?

The second book is the series New Moon will be coming to theaters soon with a release date of November 20, 2009. I, for one, can hardly wait even though I know it will never match the book.



Here's a peek at the stunning official poster releases.







And fan made posters that can be found on fanpop.




And a peek at a fanmade (emruking) trailer for New Moon. There's another attached to this one that is way cool as well.


If the actual trailer is as good, then sell me a freaking ticket!!


The only official trailer I could find, don't know if it's the real deal or not.

The third movie, Eclipse, is due to be released June 30, 2010.


The Twilight Saga ----- Will it continue? There is talk that the story line isn't complete, and Breaking Dawn did leave wiggle room ----- what do you think?

48 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful review, Dottie!! I am a die hard Jacob fan. I loved Edward, but Jacob...sigh. I can't wait to see how jacob evolved in the second movie. I really enjoyed the book!!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

See you have read a YA book! I'm definitely Camp Edward...there's just something about those vampire guys...I can't wait to see Jacob in the New Moon movie, he's supposed to have really buffed up! Yummy!

I had lots of fun researching all the movie info...I couldn't believe the amount of fan generated video, pics, and posters.

Dottie :)

Erotic Horizon said...

I love your review Dottie..

I still have not read it yet -- my summer read,

Could those picture be any hotter... Jacob is just to die for..

Will you be doing New moon as well...

E.H>

Unknown said...

Hi EH!

I loved this book and I can't say it enough!

I will be doing New Moon as well, it was almost as good as Twilight, and if you're a Jacob fan, it tells more of his story and gives greater insight into his heritage and the wolf pack. If you're a Jacob fan, it's actually better than Twilight. I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the movie.

If you can't tell, I've read these more than once, I'm such an addict.

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Dottie!

What a fabulous review! Your thoughts gave me significant insight into the movie, which I did find lacking. I have "Twilight" sitting here in the stacks and will get to it eventually.

Thank you for sharing!

Warmest Regards
L

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

You should pull Twilight out, it's fast read, the first I read it in one night. I read with my daughter this time for book club, so it was at a more relaxed pace. I still loved it and I found myself thinking about the book, even though it wasn't a first read for me.

I loved Bella's Lullaby, I thought it was one of the best songs, one of the highlights of the movie actually.

If you've only seen the movie, there is so much you're missing out on, so much left out of my thoughts, and there was plenty there...LOL I get so caught up in the stories.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

You sure covered the twilight bases :)

A friend just said today about how the BD end left room for more, and yes it sure did.

Give me some Carlisle any day ;) Too bad he is not in the movie that much

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I loved this book, can you tell? LOL

I thought Carlisle and Jasper were so hawt in this movie!! Pant worthy..*wink wink* Have you stopped by Vampire Wire and voted yet for the yummiest vamps yet? Both are listed as possible candidates, but I doubt Marta will let anyone because Gerard Butler win...LOLOL! She really has the hots for him....well desired I might add!!

Stephenie Meyer's site has about 250 pages of Edward's story posted if you haven't check it out. I would love to see it put out in publication.

Breaking Dawn left room for additional books and story lines, I hope more are added to the saga!

Dottie :)

Michelle Greathouse said...

Hello Dottie,

My daughter is a huge fan of this series. :) She wavers back and forth from camp Edward to camp Jacob. LOL

I, however, am permanently camp Jacob. But not so much for Bella. She tended to get on my nerves, both in the books and the movie. I think she and Edward belong together. LOL

Thanks for the wonderful review. Well done. :)

M

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for stopping by!!

I love the Twilight Saga, if you couldn't tell..LOLOL

I am firmly in Camp Edward, always was a big fan of vamps and Rob Pattinson. Bella (Kristen Stewart) not so much. But I'm hoping she gained experience from Twilight and will have improved. She's trying really hard. LOL

My daughter is a huge fan too. We read all of them together and repeated Twilight for her book club. I liked it as much this time as the first time I read it. I guess that makes me a silly lamb....lolol!!

Dottie :)

Mandi said...

What a great summary!!

I love the first three books in this series..Breaking Dawn was very disappointing. I can't wait for New Moon movie to come out. How smexy is Edward in that poster wearing black???? TEAM EDWARD! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mandi!

I am 100% Team Edward!! I loved Edward in the books and in the movie. I loved all the books, even Breaking Dawn. lolol

I loved Rob Pattinson playing Bella's Lullaby...that song made the movie for me. I don't even know why. lolol.

Edward is super hot in the open shirt poster, lovin' me some sexy vampire!

I can't wait for New Moon to come out either....The waiting is so hard.

Dottie :)

Ladytink_534 said...

Isn't this a good book?! I really liked the movie too though it had some cheesy parts. Really looking forward to seeing New Moon!

I kind of miss Alice so I hope the author does write more in this series.

Unknown said...

Hi LadyTink!

I really enjoyed the book and the movie (okay, it could have been better, I would have seen more background about all the Cullens and Hales. I feel like people will never know Alice's true origins or how she become vampire and it was a tiny bit cheesy), but it was good overall. My daughter wanted it, so we have it on dvd, and it's only been played a few hundred times...lolol....

Alice was one of my favorite characters in the books, I wish she would have had a little more screen time.

I can't wait for the next movie and I hope Stephenie Meyer continues to write in the story line. It was such a fun read!

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey DOttie!!! Loving the review on my fave subject.. Edward!!! Okay, for those of you who do not know me I AM CAMP EDWARD's President!!! And he is mine with those goregous eyes and so edible pouty lips!!!! OH MY GOSH... I can go on for ever! The book vs movie... for those of you who are torn between what to do... read the book first. It will fill you in so much better. Don't get me wrong, the movie was great... but the book was awesome!!!! New Moon - if you are Camp Jacob... you are going to love the book!!!! For us Edward's... well, we have to suck it up a bit! Love the review Dottie!!! I also read it in one night.. and had to work the next morning.... but it is one of those books that you just don't regret staying up to read.

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

Yay!! Team Edward!! I've been lovin' this character from when I first read the book...well a while ago... I've since re-read it a couple of times, and I'm considering reading again because I already miss the story.. LOLOL. I can read it casually now without the need to see the end of the story right away. I know, I'm a freak. Such a good book!

The movie was good too, but I do like to nitpick those places that were so out of whack, I won't but I'd like too. I've watched the movie seriously about a dozen times now at home and several times at the theater. I was going to buy a Team Edward shirt, but my daughter had a fit, she's Camp Jacob and we both couldn't have a shirt in the same house. lolol.

I agree Edward is yummy through and through. From the burning hot eyes to the sexy way he moves through a scene, can't get enough. Rob Pattinson has him down to a T. I soooo enjoy watching him, but I've been a fan of his for a while too.

What did you think of Bella's Lullaby? Did you like the song Rob Pattinson wrote and sings in the movie? I do hope that more is to come from this author, I love the story line.

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

I guess you're right, Dottie! I forgot these were YA! LOL! I can't wait for the next movie!!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

Hahaha! See I told you, you have read YA book and enjoyed it! All the same, it was a romance too. LOLOL.

I'm still enthralled with the story and Bella's Lullaby. Did you like Bella's Lullaby? It's one of the piano solos I really enjoy.

I'm going to see New Moon as a birthday present to myself (it's release is so close to my b-day and my daughter is going with me, sooo not a hubby movie. He's so sick of hearing the Twilight movie in the background as it is..lolol.)

Dottie :)

ann phelan said...

If you read the draft of Midnight Sun which Ms.Meyer has out on the internet, you gain insight as to what was happening to Edward the day Bella entered the bio lab. Very interesting. Sadly someone leaked the draft of MS so Ms. Meyer decided to make it public and states she may never finish it. It is Book 1 from Edward's perspective. Beautifully written but monotonous since we already know that story, just not his perspective.

ann phelan said...

It's phenomenal how many mature women are into this series. I was quietly reveling in my TOD (Twilight Obsessive Disorder) until I learned many women my age are impacted. My 55 year old friend is MAD in love with Taylor Lautner. What a hoot.

Unknown said...

Hi Ann!

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, this book holds the attention of all ages, really an excellent story from an author whose voice is exceptional for it's telling.

I would love to see additional pages of Midnight Sun. I would also like to see the story line continued past Breaking Dawn as I don't want the experience to end.

Lovely story told exceptionally well. It's ageless in it's followers.

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oh My Gosh are you kidding me... I bought the soundtrack the day I bought allll the books which was when we left the theatre Nov twenty-something date. My daughter, one of her friends and I went to the bookstore straight from the movie... bought all the books and the cd... and the cd has not left my cd player in my car since!!!! I love his music!!!! He can play the lullaby for me allllllll he wants and his personal song.. Never think.... well honey!!!!
Now, I urge you to do as ann phelan said, go red Midnight Sun. That is alllll about Edwards pov!!!
The movie, I loved because I got to see him, but the book I loved even more because it gave me more story. I know they can't put the whole book into a movie... but come on, they could have choose some better parts than what they did... and some were cheesy yes.. but all did i get to see those goregouse eyes and lips!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Anna!

I agree that I have lusted after Edward (Robert Pattinson) in my decrepitude. LOL But one must never give up wishing right? He is so beautiful and the story is so magical. Others may not see the beauty of the story, but maybe they didn't want to see it to start with or maybe it wasn't their type of story. I personally loved it.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

I loved Midnight Sun, I read it after I read Twilight the first time, but I have revisited it lately. I will before I re-read New Moon (Jacob's pov). Edward is so wonderful in the story, but others say he's whiny or to ridden with too much angst. But he's existed for a long time and in all that long time, he's been without love. I'd be a little whiny too.

I love, love, love the soundtrack! If anyone hasn't listened to it, it's beautiful. I love the song Pattinson sings with the guitar in the background. It holds so much feeling, I really enjoyed it. Bella's Lullaby is my very favorite. I agree, he could come to my house and play the lullaby all day! I have listened to that one so much that I think my children would like to hide it.

All in all, the movie did not live up to what it could be, but it was a first try at showing the books in movie form. I think the next ones will improve as they figure out the formula that works for viewers and lovers of the novels. I still love the movie, some of the characters need improvement, but they're working on it. Kristen Stewart was so nervous in the movie, I think she exaggerated Bella's attitude and mannerisms, trying too hard. She has the perfect look, it's the actions that need work. I don't know if she's that shy in RL, but maybe she should practice interview style or interview with other cast members to help her relax. She'll get better (I hope). LOL

Rob Pattinson has the look of Edward perfect too. He does have gorgeous lips, eyes, hands....man to whole package is pretty amazing. You can see I firmly in Team Edward. Jacob is hot too, don't get me wrong, but nothing compares to Edward. Jacob dims in comparison IMPO. Pattinson just needs to keep doing what he's doing, playing Edward to perfection.

Dottie :)

Alaine said...

I love the Twilight series Dottie! Great books!

I have an award for you. Just email me alaineb at bigpond. net. au for the html code if you'd like to put it up.

Unknown said...

Hi Alaine!

I'm in love with this series if that's possible! lolol.... I know, such a Twilight freak!

I shoot you an email..I love awards!! *doing the happy dance*

Dottie :)

Alaine said...

Dottie, it is a great series. I read all 4 books in a little over a week because I just couldn't put them down. Everytime I read a review about one of them I want to read them again. I don't know if she'll write more, I think she has a waiting audience so she really should.

Unknown said...

Hi Alaine!

I would love to see Ms. Meyer write more in the Twilight Saga! There is a definite following. Midnight Sun on her website was a fascinating look into Edward's perspective. I've read the series a couple of times now, but almost as soon as a finish the book, I want to read it again. I know, strange.

I loved the movie as well. The soundtrack was amazing. Did you like Bella's Lullaby? -- I found it to be so beautiful and moving. I love the whole soundtrack actually, Pattinson's song was so heartfelt and emotional. Really telling how Edward felt about Bella. If you haven't tried it, look it up on youtube, there are several good videos (as well as several real poor qualities ones, so listen at your own risk..lol).

I love the adward Alaine and will have it posted in my sidebar shortly. Thanks Alaine!

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey Dottie... Yes, Brooke makes sure to bring her ipod on the car when we go somewheres together... so she does not have to listen to the cd. She loves the music, but not to listen to over and over and over and over!!!! See the pattern!! TEAM EDWARD rocks!!
I agree, I love Jacob too. I love his smile and his character. Hell, a guy who loves you no matter what and would do anything for you is a guy after my own heart!
But Edward **sighing heavily**

I agree with you about the movie. I hope they figured out what the public wants from the book to movie formula because I would love to see this evolve into some awesome movies! I will continue to read and watch it for the rest of my days!!

That is what got me back into reading!

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

Yes, Team Edward rocks!!

I know there are a lot of Jacob lovers out there, but really Edward is so totally in the groove, so in love with Bella, so protective......*sigh* Edward is the only one!

My kids would love for me to give Bella's Lullaby a rest, I love Lilly Alen's The Fear as well as lots of others. But they know if I start thinking Twilight, the soundtrack must be played...LOL.

Oh well, it's a Mother's prerogative to torture her offspring.

I can't wait for New Moon to be released. I'll be putting updates on the blog about it as more information is released, it was a good telling of Jacob's side of the story. Interesting how it all concludes don't you think?

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oh yes, I do. I love the way this series played out. And how there is room to grow. Yes, Robert Pattinson played the perfect Edward. There could not be a better person for the part but him!!!
I do have to admit though, when I first read New Moon, I wanted to just plow through it because it annoyed me that Edward was hardly in it... but as you read, he is there!! Just enough to keep me going through the book. Which I thought was a great way to keep us there.
And yes, I love torturing Brooke with the cd!!!! LOL!!! I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me right now!

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

Yeah, my daughter loves Twilight, but even she's starting to get tired of it...LOL. Talk about an eye roll! When I make her listen just one more time to Bella's Lullaby and Never Think...out come the ipod and headphones as she smiles sweetly, nodding her head, thinking my mom the freak...hoping none of her friends overhear.

It kind of freaked me out how the series played out, but we knew that Bella was never for Jacob, especially after New Moon when she had her big chance and still went after Edward. I too kept turning pages to see how Edward would play into the story. *sigh* I would have gone to Italy too.

There can never be another Edward for me other than Rob Pattinson, he did play the part perfectly. He was so good with all the angst over Bella. I loved it.

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

Beautiful Review Dottie.

'Twilight' was my second favorite behind 'New Moon'. It hooked me hard into the series and I devoured all four books in quick sucsession. I was disappointed with 'Breaking Dawn' but I still love the series.

Thank you for all the awesome visuals and videos. The 'New Moon' posters look stunning. I can't wait for the release!

(((hugs))) VFG

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!!

Glad you stopped by, are you recovered yet from the massive posting for the JR Ward contest? I would still be wiped out!!

Twilight suck me right in and I'm still mired in the love. I can't help it, I love the series. I even liked Breaking Dawn, but I don't really consider it YA, it was pretty advanced for a youthful audience. My niece who is just 10 wants to read it and my sister won't let her, I wouldn't either, though she's still lobbying me to buy her the book. My sweetie, Hannah, she knows how to hook me and cook me. LOL.

I can hardly wait for the release of New Moon, though it's Jacob's story, I'm sure there will be plenty of Edward in the movie!

I had a blast researching Twilight's fansites for information and even joined the twitter fan base because so many people have visited from there. This way I can keep up with the latest news. I tweet, just not very often...lol.

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Dottie!

Thank you for the wonderful pimpage. :) I so appreciate it.

((hugs))
L

~Sia McKye~ said...

Dottie, this was a well done and encompassing article on Twilight. You spent a lot of time making this look good.

I couldn't get into the movie, too much angst, but my husband and son liked it. I'm thinking that this is one of those stories I'll have to read rather than watch.

As far as it being YA, I've read some wonderful YA books. My son is currently reading The Drizzt Books--Forgotten realms. I don't think it's actually YA but it is fantasy and they look good.

Thanks for the info and trailers, Dottie!

VampFanGirl said...

LOL! I think I've finally gotten all the drool mopped up. :)

IMO, I don't think the books are even recommendable to girls under at least 13. The issues that the saga deals with are pretty intense. The one that always sticks out in my mind is "I'm going to commit suicide and/or do a bunch of dangerous things simply because my boyfriend left me". I'm sorry but I think this message is a really bad one to be preaching to young girls. And I agree with your sister about keeping the book 4 out of her 10 year old's hands. :)

I'm sure 'New Moon' will have plenty of Edward. ;) All the nightly entertainment shows say that fans will definitely get their Edward Fix. Personally I'm of Team Jacob. :)

(((hugs))) VFG

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

Love your contest sweetie!! Such a nice thing to do, giving away sooo many books!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sia!

Glad you stopped by! Nice to see you again!

This is definitely a story to read as opposed to watching. It's okay to watch, but you're missing half the story. Too much goes on and all the background information is missing.

Others have also had problems with the angst, but Edward has been alone so long that he doesn't think he deserves Bella. And then Bella is human and he doesn't want to end her life, and she doesn't to be parted from him, even in death. It does appear to have a lot of angst.

I've not heard of the series your son is reading, The Drizzt Books, but I'll look into it, I'm a big fan of YA!

It was a lot of fun visiting all the fan sites and finding way more information on Twilight that I could put in the post! lol The pics and posters were so cool! I really enjoyed it.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

LOLOL....Drool!! Too funny, all those BDB boys are soooo hot! I've gotten one book in so far, but not the first...it's really irritating to not have it here yet!

Not, my sis won't let her read, but she calls me and asks me, like I'm going to get them for... I have everything else she's asked for, but I think I have to drawn the line... hope this still means I'm her favorite aunt....lots of competition for that job, I have five sisters! lolol.

I know New Moon will provide the needed Edward fix..*sigh*..is it November yet? I really want to see this movie after watching some of the fan made trailers! They were really impressive. But, I stand in line waiting with everyone for the real thing.

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

Great review Dottie and I too am waiting for next Nov. when "New Moon" comes out...I think it will be better than "Twilight"- I hope so! :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Moonlight!

Thanks for stopping by!

I loved the books, and the first Twilight movie was good, but not amazing.. I'm hoping they find the right formula to bridge between the words and the pictures. If they do that, New Moon could be amazing. I can hardly wait to see how they handle it and if Bella can settle down into her character.

It would be nice if Kristen Stewart relaxed enough for Bella's character.

Dottie :)

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Dottie!

I love this blog! Love the whole thing!

Wink wink...??? has a little birdie been talking to you...that little bird being a sweet little snow bird from way up north?

Hon - e me at Houstonawknight@tampabay.rr.com

Hugs
Hawk

Unknown said...

Hi Hawk!

Hmmmm....I wonder who that little snow bird from way up north might be????

Just saying....I love paranormals ... I mean, look at my post... LOL! And I have a thing for all things fae.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Teddyree said...

Wonderful review. I luuurved all of the twilight series books.
Thanks for the extra eye candy too!!

Unknown said...

Hi Teddyree!

I really love the Twilight Saga..I know not everyone does...but I did, can't help it!

There are so sweet pics out there of the cast...I'm definitely Team Edward, now my daughter in Team Jacob. This can lead to some lively disagreements. (My daughter nearly freaked out today when my mom - who's 68 - told her she thought Edward was hot. She was all like...Grandma!!! Cracked me up!

(hugs)

Dottie :)

Teddyree said...

LOL that's hilarious! Talk about 'all age' appeal.

Unknown said...

Hi Teddyree!

LOL... I know. I couldn't believe she said that in front of my daughter and niece... They both dropped their mouths open ... shocked to say the least!

My mom, who is not a big reader, has read started reading the series. My sister got her Breaking Dawn for Mother's Day. She was thrilled!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP