Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Monday Morning Flash Fiction Challenge, Week 23..... The Friday Post

Afternoon everyone... didn't know if I was going to post anything or not.  It seems my weaken immune system is still in rebel mode.... The antibiotics I took caused my tummy to hurt.  And I still feel crappy.  But, I dragged myself up...finally... and I'm posting my response.



Soul Fire, Part 4
by Dottie Taylor
word count: 530

The arch barring entrance to the tunnel buzzed with electricity. A fine sheath of energy rippled, wavering like heat on a highway. Petrov found himself surrounded by greenery, looking for shelter. Soon the beast would begin it's search, unhappy at being denied it's meal. Reena rolled in his arms, releasing a soft moan. He shook her once more, whispering close to her ear. “Reena, please, wake up.” But Reena only moaned louder and pushed further away...

Reena peered around the darkness, Petrov had been here moments before. He had been shaking her, begging her. Her head pounded and she groaned as the pain pulsed with her heart, each beat reverberating with a sharp throb. Then she heard Petrov's voice, felt his touch, but each time her head bounced, the pain grew worse. She whimpered, placing her hand on her forehead. Petro's voice came again, begging her, and her eyelids fluttered. She wanted to wake but it hurt so bad.

Petrov sighed in relief as he watched Reena's eyes open. He placed his lips to her forehead, absorbing some of the pain with his lingering kiss. “I thought I'd lost you.” He breathed against her flesh.

“Petrov, where are we? What's happening?” Reena softly spoke, adopting his need for caution. His body quivered next to hers.

He raised his head, looking around, “As far as I can tell we're in the cemetery behind St. Ignatius. I've erected a barrier, but it won't hold for long.”

“A barrier? What are you talking about?” Reena slowly moved, loosening his grip.

“Think Reena, where have we met before? It's right there, I can help you, but first you've got to help yourself.” Petrov gazed into her eyes, pleading with her to remember something she had no memory of.... knowing him before this evening.

Then, Reena blinked, and a trickle of a thought seeped into her mind. It tickled her with forgotten knowledge... she could almost reach out and touch what she wanted to see... She concentrated harder, letting Petrov's words sink into her thoughts. And like a flash of lightning, a scene played out before her.... Petrov and her, but somehow different.

Petrov watched as knowledge bloomed in Reena's eyes. She squeezed them tightly as the memories began to flood back to her, the same everytime. But, he vowed, the outcome would be different this time. He'd keep her closer, watch over her better, the beast be damned. It wouldn't win, not ever again.

Reena clutched Petrov's black t-shirt, crushing it in twinned fists, whispering, “Where is it?” She shivered, hiding her face, terrified of what her memories revealed.

“Shhhh....” Petrov rubbed her arms, lifting his head enough to bring his lips to her ear. “Not here yet, but we need to move, find a hiding place.” The energy barrier vibrated and pulsed, like being tested for strength. “It's coming... it'll be here soon, it's has your scent and it's hunting...” Abruptly, the barrier shimmered and the beast roared hungrily.

Petrov jumped up, hastily dragging Reena to her feet, “Come on, it's here!” And they began to run.


Okay, that's it. I'll be offline most of this weekend, hoping the antibiotics work, I can breathe again, and my throat feels better.... as well as my tummy.



Remember to join us Monday for another prompt, another chance to play along.



Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I hope you feel better soon. You sure got it bad. I am all good now..ok did cough the other night, but perhaps it was our messy flat ;)

As for the story..any more coming up? ;) I hope so

Michelle Greathouse said...

Dottie,

I am loving this ongoing story. :)

I hope you kick this bug soon, bless your heart. Sending good thoughts and cyber chicken soup your way.

M

Lea said...

Oh Dottie! Feel better.. :( You poor thing, I really hope some R&R helps you to mend.

Your story is wonderful! Even better considering you have been so sick..

((hugs))

Alyssa Kirk said...

Love the picture - great writing! Hope you feel better soon!

Amy C said...

Hey Dottie,

I hope you get the rest you need this weekend and that you feel better soon :(.

Glad you at least felt up to doing your flash. It's another great addition to this continuing story of yours!

Unknown said...

Hi B!

I'll try to flash a little more, I've already have over 3000 words... waiting to see where this story takes me, so far I'm liking it! I haven't written anything for a younger audience since I used to write for my sibs when they were little... that was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

It's kind of fun continuing the story... I have no idea where it's leading... but I have an idea about who the wind holds...

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

Finally starting to feel better! Wasn't sure if what I was writing was making any sense, lol. Had a fever...

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Alyssa!

I would really enjoy reading some of what you've written... it would be so cool!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

Had to continue it, but I was afraid I was writing something that didn't make sense, lol. I went back and meshed it altogether. It works okay!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP