Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Shadow Girl of Birch Grove by Marta Acosta

Publisher:  Sold to Tor Books
Pages:  269



(Release Date:  To Be Announced)

From the Cover:

Jane Williams has suffered personal tragedy and learned to survive by hiding in the shadows of life.  She thinks she will never escape the misery of her foster home when she's offered a full-scholarship at an elite academy.  The school even offers Jane a place of her own to live, the old groundskeeper's cottage in a dense grove of birch trees.

The very pale and very elegant headmistress, Mrs. Monroe, is especially kind and suggests that Jane earn spending money by tutoring her son, gorgeous Lucky.  A popular group of girls take Jane into their circle, and the challenging classes are all she could have hoped for.

It seems too good to be true.  It is.

Marta Acosta has stirred my imagination once again!  I'm not going to be a traditional review, because the book is under going construction....who knows?  A new title, new cover art?  And I'm going to re-read when it comes out with Tor and the review will follow then.  All I can say is that Marta Acosta doesn't fail to make me think, make me laugh, or make me cringe.  This Gothic YA paranormal romance is already a tasty treat.

2 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I dl:ed so at least I will have the old version :D

Unknown said...

Hi B!

Glad you got to download it! I've enjoyed all of Marta's books so far! This one is definitely different, can't wait to see how she rewrites it!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP