Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movie Review: Grosse Pointe Blank starring John Cusack & Minnie Driver

Starring:  John Cusack, Minnie Driver, Dan Aykroyd, Alan Arkin
Director:  George Armitage
Running Time: 107 minutes

(Released:  April 11, 1997)

A little known fact about me:  I love John Cusack!!  I don't mean I like his movies, no, it goes beyond that... I've seen them all, liked most of them. (Stand By Me broke my heart a little) And Grosse Pointe Blank is one of my favorite movies, I own a copy on DVD... but anytime it's on, I make time to watch it.... so, it's 2 am, and TBS was showing it again!!  Squee!  Another late night for me (at least it's by choice)!

Grosse Pointe Blank is the story of a boy and a girl. Boy leaves girl, finds out what he's really good at. One problem, boy still wants girl, and he'd like to stay alive...  at least through their 10 year high school reunion.

Martin goes home to take care of one last job, and go to his 10 year high school reunion.  Debi, the girl he stood up for senior prom, still waits and wonders. But, Martin can never truly go home, he's an assassin and his work seems to follow him... Walk in Grocer, socio-pycho-path and maniac... he wants to start a murder for hire organization, and Martin is his next recruit, but the assassin business is a solitary business, no clubs allowed.  And then... well... the fun starts....

Martin as the movie opens, this is one case where the messenger does get killed.

Home Sweet Home?  You can never go home, but you can shop there...

You screw up one job, kill one prized pooch, and the assassin becomes the prey!

You really can't go home again, especially when it's an Ultimart and it gets blowed up!

Martin gives Debi an airplane.....

Long time listener, First time caller (yeah right, the FBI listens to Debi)

Debi and Martin finally make to the reunion.

Does this look like fun?

It's not me.... (death by pen)

 Naw, this looks like fun... Disposing of the deceased 'Garbage Can' the assassin sent to kill Martin.

Should I answer the door?




Grocer horns in on Martin's last job, he's supposed to be taking out Debi's dad, instead Grocer is the one who gets taken. Hey, hey, bing bing bing bing bang! POPCORN! (It's Grocer mantra, I guess bing gun pops, like popcorn.)

And the happy couple drive off into the sunset...

So... that's a little about my John Cusack obsession.... and Grosse Pointe Blank (a play on the words:  the city Martin lives in Grosse Pointe, Martin's name... Martin Q. Blank and gross point blank... totally accuracy, the shot that can't miss.  I love good sarcasm, don't you?)

Movie Trailer



Favorite Scene: Dr. Oatman


Favorite Song: Blister in the Sun

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I LOVE this movie. It is in my top 5, and since I always change my mind sometimes it is nr 1 :)

Oh and I heart Cusack

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice review. I liked the way you set it up with all the pictures. :) Too fun!! Stand By Me is a very good film, I do agree.

-Lauren

Alyssa Kirk said...

So much fun - I'll have to watch it again. John Cusack is great! Love all the pics and video!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP