Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Cayla Kluver

I'd love everyone to meet Cayla Kluver. She's a young author that I just can't say enough good things about. I'll be reviewing her first novel, Legacy, on tomorrow's post. It's a wonderful tale of a princess torn between her heart and her duty. Uncompromising and beautifully told, the story draws the reader in and demands your attention. I wish I could share this novel with everyone!





Meet Cayla Kluver. Like most 16 year olds, she’s enjoying her summer vacation, hanging out with friends, swimming at the beach, and perhaps even going to the movies.





But unlike most of those friends, Cayla spends a good portion of each day writing, working on her 3rd book in the Legacy series. While her peers are gearing up for the start of their junior year, Cayla’s vacation time is a bit more extended…


With a high school diploma already under her belt, she wants to finish her series before filling out those college applications. Already an award-winning author, Cayla’s life is a bit different from that of an average teenager.


This August marks a mega moment in her writing career: the publication and re-release of her first YA fantasy novel, LEGACY, which she finished at 14 years old. As the premiere title of a new Amazon program, LEGACY’s release officially makes Cayla a published author. It also makes her an Amazon partner!


LEGACY (AmazonEncore 8/18/2009) is the re-release of Cayla’s fantasy narrative, featuring an edited manuscript combined with a fresh hardcover illustration. Marked by witty, rapid-fire dialogue and dramatic complexity that belie the writer’s age, Legacy brings a fresh, new sensibility to age-old questions of duty and inheritance and to a young heroine’s quest to find her true voice.


Here are some other quick facts about Cayla:

· She wrote the first draft of Legacy in just nine months at the age of 14 while attending public school. In that same year, Cayla also appeared in two school plays, received a first at the Wisconsin State Solo and Ensemble Vocal Competitions, and completed freshman English at a local university.

· Her second novel in the series, Allegiance, is due for release early next year and she has almost completed book three, Redemption.

I can hardly wait to read Allegiance and Redemption, I need to see the tale to it's completion!

If you like to win a copy of Legacy, /- LA FEMME READERS -/ is having a giveaway! Click here to visit and enter! Contest ends 8-30-09, winner announced 8-31-09. Really, it's too good to pass up!

12 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Dottie,
I will be looking forward to your review :)
But now breakfast

Michelle Greathouse said...

Dottie,

WoW!! To have accomplished so much at such a young age....I can't wait to read this book and I look forward to your review. :)

M

Krista said...

This looks like something I would enjoy! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi B!

Breakfast at 1 am? Okay, I did get up and grab a snack then, lol! I was writing my review, got hungry, maybe you were channeling to me?

I loved the book, hope everyone else does too!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

If you get a chance to read the book, you'll never believe she was that young, excellent storytelling!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Krista!

I just visited your blog, interesting that you're an artist, too cool. Before I had my kids, I was to draw quite a bit, very existential, maybe now that they're older, I'll get back into it. I don't know. I loved your piece - was it pencil drawing, water color, charcoal?

Legacy was a wonderful book, I hope everyone enters Eleni's contest!

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Wow! What an extremely talented young lady!
Thank you for sharing, Dottie :).

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

This a such a sweet tale, I loved the story, and you'd never guess her age by her writing ability. Lots more to come from this young author.

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your review Dottie!

:o)

MsM

Krista said...

Hi, Dottie, thanks for visiting and following my blog, too cool!

The "Robo Gorilla" piece is a pencil drawing I did. I draw as a hobby, along with my reading, of course! ;)

Yep, I entered. I hope I win! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Ms M!

How are you doing? Love your blog!

My review will be posted shortly, I wanted it to coincide with the re-release of her book, which she at first self-published.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Krista!

Glad that you entered, very deserving book.

Pencil drawing was my love, but I dabbled in watercolor as well, very hard to work with though.

Your drawing shows amazing skill! I look forward to more.

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP