Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

So You Think You Can Write?

Hello to everyone in the blogosphere... (echoes back... crickets fill the backgroud). I'm emerging from the forest long enough to gasp for non-writing filled air.

My NaNoWriMo attempt is... progressing, if not a bit slowly. And I was right, right now, I'm considering deleting the whole thing, it happens every time. But, I'm already committed, so it's onward for the timid soldier. Right now, I'm sitting at a weak 10,000 words. Should be somewhere around 14,000 words. Can I do a 4000 word day? I don't think so... but maybe a couple of 2500-3000 words days, and I'll be mostly caught up!!

I fell on the writing wagon, missed most of the weekend, but I had a great one! Son number 2, some of you may know him as 'the drummer' entered his first contest this weekend at the Battle of the Bands. He's been trying to start a band, it's just him and his bud so far. But, they figured they'd give BoB a shot, it's their Junior year, and they had nothing better to do anyway, just the two of them jamming, hoping someone hearing them will want to join their mini-band, lol. And guess what, THEY WON SECOND PLACE! He couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe it. They had to beat a bunch of bands to grab second place.... and there's only the two of them... no singer, no bassist, just a guitar and a drum set..... Still getting over the shock, LOL!

But, this wasn't even the point of my blog today... I'm getting lost in the details, much like my MS.




Harlequin is holding a "So You Think You Can Write" contest to go along with NaNoWriMo. There are editors on site, assignments everyday to get editor feedback. Information about synopsis, what editors are looking, and at the end, the possibility of having your manuscript published if you're the BIG winner. Not saying I'm entering the contest, but I'm all for the writing tips! My NaNoWriMo attempt will never be ready by their deadline in December, but some of my writing buddies might... Why not give it a try? So You Think You Can Write started yesterday, but you can read the blogs from yesterday, and still participate in today. Go have a peek!

Well, the forest is calling me, the leaves... brown, orange, and red... are wrestling in the breeze. Drifting slowly to the ground, my MS along with them. Chat you up later!!

Battle of the Bands... for your listening enjoyment...LOL Awesomeness!!

1 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey honey! You know I always have faith in you that ~ that you will make it through!!!!!!

Hugs to you honey!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP