Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

Publisher: Spice Books
Pages: 443

From the Cover: Friends since childhood, Anais Darnby and Lindsay Markham have long harbored a secret passion for one another. When they finally confess their love, their future together seems assured, sealed with their searing embrace.

But when a debauched Lindsay is seduced by a scheming socialite, a devastated Anais seeks refuge in another man's bed........

Anais and Lindasy had been best friend longer than each other can remember, it's only natural for those feelings to grow over time, right? Each is thinking of the other as their eyes meet across the room kindling unknown fires, not knowing if these feeling will be shared or destroy a friendship that has lasted a lifetime.

When each confess to the other their true feelings, Lindsay sets about proving just how much he cherishes the insecure Anais. Her mother has done a pretty fair job of undermining any confidence she's had about her voluptuous body. When Lindsay professes his love and shows her what it's like to be desired, she can hardly believe that someone as beautiful and strong as Lindsay would find her the least bit attractive, let alone propose marriage, but that's what he's says he is going to be at the Masquerade Ball. He begs her to attend as a harem girl, his own personal odalisque.

But Lindsay has another mistress, Opium, the red devil smoke, the only thing that rivals Anais. When he see Rebecca, conniving social climber and Anais' best friend in Anais' costume through the clouded mind of Opium and Hashish, he mistakes Rebecca for Anais, his one true love. How can he convince Anais that it's all a big mistake, what must he do? Anais turns to Garrett, Rebecca's intended, as a willing shoulder to cry on. Lindsay has betrayed and belittled their love. She runs away, leaving her mother to tell Lindsay she has left the country.

Lindsay makes a mad search across Europe and into Paris only to come up empty handed, Anais is not to be found anywhere. As a means to escape his broken heart, he agrees to travel to the East to Constantinople with his best friend, Wallingford, and to attend to his other mistress, Opium. His seductive mistress that erases all his feelings and thoughts, leaving him numb.

Through all of his searching, Anais has kept hidden, hiding her secret, her shame, her love, and her broken heart. When Lindsay returns to his home, it is to find that Anais has returned, but she will no longer see Lindsay. She can only remember him as an Opium addict, not the best friend or the passionate lover. The thing she doesn't realize is that not only is Lindsay addicted to Opium, but to her, and he can't live without either. But she is also hiding a terrible secret of her own that no one, especially Lindsay, must ever find out.

Charlotte Featherstone has created a world where love is the answer, the only salvation, to the wrongs Lindsay and Anais have committed against each other. Addicted is a beautiful love story where Lindsay and Anais have to accept that they are human, and no matter what, they will always have each other. As Lindsay sinks further into his addiction, Anais is the only thing that is stronger than the call of the Opium. Without her love, his life isn't worth living and the sooner it's over the better, only death can take away the pain and betrayal, and fill the hole that resides where his heart once was. This story grabbed my heart, making me want to see the happy ending and not knowing if it was possible. It's a masterfully told story that will keep you turning pages, hoping against hope that it will end well, with exotic locations and the mysterious draw of the Opium. For more information about her other books, please see Charlotte Featherstone's website. For readers out there that have become Addicted, she's giving a taste of her new book, Sinful, to be released May 2010. She also has a new contemporary romance, Hot In Here coming out in June 2009, under her pen name, Sophie Renwick. For information about Hot In Here, see Sophie Renwick's website. I can highly recommend picking up Addicted, you won't be able to put it down.

18 comments:

Blanche said...

Great review Dottie!! I have this one in my TBR and I can't wait to read it!! :)

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Dottie,

Wonderful review. This one come highly recommended to me. It seems as no matter the pull on your heartstrings by the protags the book is an experience.

My summer read - definately.

E.H>

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

This book was sooo good! I can't wait for Sinful to be released, to bad it's all the way in 2010.

I think you'll really enjoy it, I read it so fast. It sucks you right into the story and you don't want to stop.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi EH!

It was definitely a good time! And it was a fast read because I didn't want to stop reading. It was great!

I hope you get a chance to read it, I think you'll really enjoy it!

I can't wait for Wallingsford to have his story, I think Sinful will be just as good.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Morning Dottie :)

Great review, the book does sound good. And thanks to an earlier post of yours I will get to read Hot in Here.

No I do wonder about their happy ending, this one has to go to my get the book file lol

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

Good Morning! I'm so happy you're getting a copy of Hot In Here. I think it will be excellent. Charlotte Featherstone really impressed me with Addicted. I really enjoyed it, and I think you will too.

Dottie ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you loved the story, Dottie!! Sorry I'm late for your review--which was wonderful by the way! I'm so looking forward to Wallingford's story. He's supposedly REALLY tortured. I love a tortured hero!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hi Dottie!

How you doing, Sweetie?

Awesome cover! Great review too!

Hugs
Hawk

Lea said...

Good Morning Dottie!

Wonderful review! I'm sure Ms. Featherstone will be delighted you loved her book so much. :)

You really picked out the sailent points and I could tell you loved the story.

Thank you for sharing Dottie!
L

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

I love the tortured hero too, and Wallingford so desires some happiness. I can't wait for Sinful to be released. I know it will be just as good.

Thanks for the recommendation Barbara!

(hugs)

Dottie

Unknown said...

Hi Hawk!

I'm doing pretty good, was kind of in a funk, but I think it's the weather, cold and rainy here for over a week. Supposed to get sunny and warmer over the weekend, we can only hope, who knows with Illinois. lolol.

I loved Charlotte Featherstone's book, so the review was easy to write. I did have think a bit, let the story settle. It is beautiful cover art, isn't it.

How are you doing? Any fairies been by lately? lol.

(hugs)

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

Good morning, been awake for hours, insomnia strikes again.

Well, at least I got to read in a quite house. lolol.

I did love the story, it started so sweet and innocent, I loved how they were able to find each other.

Thanks Lea! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I really enjoyed writing it.

(hugs)

Dottie :)

Stacy~ said...

After seeing both Barbara's and your review, I think I need to get this one.

Thanx for the great review.

Unknown said...

Hi Stacy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Charlotte Featherstone really did a wonderful job telling the story, it was fantastic.

I really enjoyed it!

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

Beautiful Review Dottie!

I'm so happy that you enjoyed this novel. The emotions that Featherstone invoked were so tangible, at least for me. I've never been so angry with a character in my life, nor have I ever been so relived to find forgiveness.

I can't wait to see what this author does with contemporary erotica. Yummy!

:) VFG

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

I can't say enough good things about this novel. I was enthralled with it, didn't want to put it down.
It tugged at my heart. Charlotte Featherstone was able to transmit the emotions of her characters with every word.

Wonderful read!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Dottie :)
Hot in Here is sure looking good, and since mine is an e-book, well I could start but I will pace myself and save it for May ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I'm glad you have already received your copy!!

I don't have an ereader :( I requested a print copy, so I should have mine in about a week. I really need to get an ereader, but it will have to wait for available funds.

I can hardly wait to try Hot In Here, it looks sooo good! But I too will try to pace myself, since the reviews need to hold off for a bit.

Happy Reading!

(hugs)

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP