Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blog Awards and Other Witty Banter

Hi Everyone!!

This has been an amazingly busy week, I haven't even had time to read....aarrggg!!
My hubs has been on vacation, and I'm suppose to drop everything (which of course has been rather easy since I'm at home most days) to go do whatever he wants to do! My dryer which I thought was fixed, started making a wonky noise, again, but the repair man didn't charge me this time because he said it was his fault, I know I couldn't believe it either! So, this is about the first time this week I've had to sit serenely in front of my laptop and relax. Aaaaahhhh. This feels good, I haven't even made any recent progress on the projects I've been working on.....Well, I did help my daughter make her death scene diorama for 'Julius Caesar', that was a woot! We used syrupy red koolaid (It was so thick it stuck to the spoon! Way cool on the gross out factor!) for the arterial blood spray --- now, that was cool! She'll have the bloodiness project at school. Imagine cute cuddly little bunny peeps in togas and a bloody massacre. She's quite proud!



And now, drum roll please.....BLOG AWARDS!!!!

I have received from Blodeuedd the coveted PREMIO DARDUS Award.



From Lea, Anna, and Blanche I received the magnificent ZOMBIE CHICKEN Award.



'The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...'

I'd like to share this award with Hawk.

And, lastly from dear Hawk, the amazing PROXIMIDADE FRIENDSHIP Award.



Now, I know I'm supposed to pass these awards along and I will pass it on to some of bloggers out there who have yet to pick up these beautiful badges to wear on their blogs, but instead I've created....(Frankenstein music please)....my own blog award!!!! It's a live!! (Well, actually I found a cute free pic, and my son was able to make something cute with it.)



The only requirement for this award is that you shared it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don't incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift.)

Seriously, we all saw what happened to Ella Enchanted.

So, without further adieu, the newest blog award on the block, The Enchanted Blog Award, goes to the following bloggers:

Lea
Anna
Blodeuedd
Blanche
Barbara
AmyC
Hawk
Cecile
VampFanGirl
Erotic Horizon

(Okay, I couldn't choose just five!!)

I'd also like to give a shout out to all those authors that make blogging so much fun! Without your wonderful books, I would be lost. I've listed some of my favorites, although if I listed them all....how long can a post be before blogger cuts you off? Anyway, you can understand my predicament!

Robin Burcell, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, John Sandford
Kim Harrison, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, Mary Janice Davidson
Dean Koontz, Jim Butcher, Robert Heinlein, The Always Great-Ray Bradbury
Jocelynn Drake, Carrie Vaughn, Patricia Briggs, Rachael Vincent
Patrice Michele, Christine Feehan, Keri Arthur, Angie Fox, Jenna Black
Melissa De La Cruz, Stephenie Meyer, Marta Acosta, P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast
Karen Marie Moning, Kay Hooper, Katherine Allred, Gena Showalter
Nancy Martin, Elaine Viets, Harley Jane Kozak, Michele Martinez, Sarah Strohmeyer, Kathy Sweeney
New Authors
Judi Fennell, Samantha Sommersby, Brooke Landon, Sophie Renwick, Robin Schoen, Charlotte Featherstone, Julie James

and this only names a tiny portion of the great authors that I've read and that provide such great reads and escapes for my boggled mind. I know I've left off too many.....I'm going to blame old age! Please keep writing!! (^~^)



Addendum!

This is one of the reasons I love Tink so much!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! How cool is that!! You made your own award, and you know what? I think it's the coolest award out there! Tink rocks!!

Thanks so much Dottie!! :D I think I should follow in your footsteps and just make up an award. Hmmm....thinking of something as cool as Tink. That's gonna be a tough one. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

Actually, my son made it, after promising him I cook up something really good for him! Really, he's my sweetie, the only one who'll still let me hug him *sniff* They grow up so fast!

Please make one!! We all know your so talented. Your's will be the really cool one! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

((hugs))

Dottie

Anna said...

Oh yeah Tink so rocks! Thanks for the award Dottie. :)

((hugs))

Unknown said...

Hi Anna!

Yeah, I might have a slight thing for Ms. Tink lolol.

Your welcome Anna!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

I love the award Dottie! I think it's the prettiest one that I've been gifted with! I also love the simplicity of it's nature - caring. It's definitely a valuable trait and for you to consider me wothy of it, touches me deeply.

Thank you so much.

(((hugs))) VampFanGirl

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

I love Tink and although she's not always the sweetest wee one, she is one of the cutest. I decided I needed to share my love of Ms. Tink, besides the blog fairies thought it would be a good idea! lolol.

Love your blog and your reviews are so good!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Congrats on your awards :)
And awww, the award you created is just adorable, and too sweet :D
Thank you so much!

Wow, that was one bloody and nice diorama.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

These are two awesome awards! I love the Tinker Bell award! She's so cute! And the reason for the award is beautiful! xoxo
The chicken award is funny to look at but the meaning behind it is wonderful, and that you thought of me is touching.
Thank you! Dottie you're such a sweetheart.

Hugs - big ones
Hawk

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

Thank you for the award!

I just thought that Tink needed to be represented out there in the blogsphere. lolol. Really, I just think Tink is too cute. I might have an addiction problem, but don't tell anyone else. lolol. Like you couldn't tell from my blog!

Your welcome for the award!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Hawk!

You are awesome and so is your blog!

You know I might my Tink addiction might be getting worse, but I love her anyway! lolol. You really deserve this award! You put so much into your blog. It's really fun. And it's so sweet! Thank you Hawk, not only for your blog, but for all your kind words!

((((big hugs and more))))

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Dottie!

You are just so great and creative!!

Thank you so, so much! I agree - Tink must be spread throughout the blogosphere!

I will display it proudly at closetwriter... :)

Warmest regards
L

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Awww Dottie, you are the greatest!! Thank you so much for bestowing the TINK to me as well!! I do love the reason for the award! You are a very kind and loving person and it is my pleasure to have gotten to know you! Thank you!!!
You know I am going to put that somewhere (besides in the award vault) on my place... Tink has to have her OWN space!!
How is your morning going?

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

Your welcome!! Tink is too cute, she just has to have an award to give. My son actually did the creative part, but hey, he's part of my gene pool, right? lolol, So I guess I get some of the credit!

I love the blog community, I'm so happy to have found it. Keep doing what you're doing Lea, I love it!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

You're welcome!

You're such a sweetie! Tink will love your place, wherever you put her! I'm glad you took the BIG jump and started blogging. It so much fun, I love talking to people I would never have been able to before.

So far, my morning is going great, my hubs still has a few days of vacation, four to be exact, but who's counting. (That would be like me!) So, not much time for reading or blogging. I miss it. I sneak a few minutes in here and there.

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Erotic Horizon said...

Hey Dottie,

How cute is that, all of it,

you changing the award to your own thing, your son getting involved... and your award going to a great bunch of bloggers.

I am honoured to be included in this award....

Love it..

E.H>

Unknown said...

Hi EH!

I just thought I share my love of Tink, and what better way than an award! My son seems to possess abilities that I wish I had the time to learn. (Actually, they both do -- computers are their thing.)

Your blog has just been so much fun, I never know what I'm going to see there. That Slow Fires review was excellent, Loved It! You guys are pretty great!

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Tink, really, where? I hadn't noticed ;)

But she sure is lovely, and I must blog about the award sometime during the holiday. Will be going soon...and eat chocolate, lol, doing the usual Easter stuff

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

Me too, eating chocolate, must go see parents too, but wouldn't be Easter if there wasn't chocolate. Besides, my daughter is addicted to it. So, Easter is a chocolate time for us!! lol If you thought the diorama was bloody, you should see her eat a chocolate bunny. It's not pretty. Really.

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

NO Dottie... me attacking the Peanut Butter Eggs is not pretty!!! Really... I will fight over some peanut butter eggs... My Mom still buys them for me for Easter!!! I will quote Barbara.. I will open a can of whoop ass on anyone who tries to touch my eggs!!

OH and I LOVE the Tink video... She is such a doll!!!
What would Easter be without CHOCOLATE... that is like saying "go ride in the car with no engine"!!

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

I agree, chocolate is a must have. Can't live without it, the world may stopping spinning without it. lol. It would be a very bad thing. You probably think I kidding, I'm not, really.

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

I've gifted you with some blog awards Dottie!

:) VFG

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Dottie, go check out my place.... I have a special award for you!!!!
Love ya girl!!!
Cecile

Lea said...

By the way,

I forgot to mention earlier, I love the Julius Caesar slaughter scene!!!

Excellent. :)

LOL
L

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

Thanks for the award! You're such a sweetie, so glad that you dropped by the blog, it's been fun getting to know you! I'll be by so see the award.

Thanks!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

Awww, thanks for letting me know!

I'll be by to see the award and thanks for thinking of me!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

It wasn't quite the finished project in the picture, but it was the only pic I got. She loved making it! It was a woot killing the bunny peep of Julius Caesar! LOL. Now that just sounds demented doesn't it. LOL.

Dottie :)

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats on your awards! Loved the adorable video :)

Unknown said...

Hi LadyTink_534!

Tink is just so sweet, the video shows personality!

I loved all the awards!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP