Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wild Rain by Christine Feehan

Publisher: Jove / Berkley Publishing Group / Penguin Group
Pages: 358

From the Cover: What has she done? With a new identity, a staged death, and a chance to flee the treachery that stalks her, Rachael has escaped from a faceless assassin.....
Where can she hide? In this world teeming with unusual creatures walks the most exotic of them all. His name is Rio.....
Whom can she trust? But as Rachael's past looms as oppressively as the heat of the forest, and as Rio unleashes the secret animal instincts......

Rachael Lospostos has finally succeeded in her ultimate goal, her death....Unseen to others, she slides over the edge of the boat, slips into the mighty raging river that matches the beating of her heart. If she is successful, neither her brother, Elijah, or her uncle, Armando, will know she is still alive......

As Rachael races through the rain forest, she at last feels at home, at one with the forest, teeming with life unknown to her. She knows what she's looking for, a tribal hut, where she can rest and plan the rest of her escape.

Rio Santana has had a successful outing, freeing the kidnapped tourists that too often wander into the rain forest unsuspecting that bandits wait for the unwary travelers, waiting for a chance to make fast money, demanding ransoms often left unfulfilled. His two cloud leopards, Fritz and Franz, give a warning, someone has invaded their tree top home. With small cuffing noises, the two cloud leopards leap into the house, startling the occupant.

Rachael doesn't know what to do, but she is prepared. She strikes out at one leopard only to have the other drag her from the bed by her ankle, mangling her leg. As Rio approaches, with another small sound, she is released, but the damage is done. She is helpless and has becomes a prisoner of Rio's life.

The rain forest is no place for injuries such as Rachael has, it's life threatening, but she begs Rio not to seek a doctor. Rio feels a pull to this unknown woman, a stranger that brings memories of a life lived and forgotten, of the legends of old. Remembered lives lived before in a different time, but always the same, always Rachael. He knows she will be delirious with fever, but he does what he can to follow her wishes. When the delirium hits Rachael, all of her inhibitions fly away and it is all Rio can do to keep their bodies apart. Now, he only hopes that she will survive, because he's come to realize that his life is nothing without her, it is her body that will keep him alive and sane. It is the electricity between them that keeps his Leopard in check. As Rio allows Rachael's soul to reach deeper into his heart, his longings have to be answered, not only with possession, but with the longing of a man too long denied what can keep him alive, love.

Rachael doesn't know what's happening to her, feels the fur beneath her skin, itching, wanting to be born from her body. How can this be, what has happened to her? As Rachael recovers, Rio begins to tell the story of his people, and that she is one of them, Leopard. He has been banished and lives outside his people for killing his mother's murderer. As Rachael begins to understand Rio's life, his desires become her desires, needing to feel him, wanting him not only as a lover, but a life mate. When they come together as man and women, it stirs in Rachael the need to be wanted, desired, loved, possessed by Rio. But Rachael's story is far worse and she is afraid to put Rio at risk. The horrific deaths of her mother and father at the hands of her uncle, Armando, need to be told. He wants her dead above all else. Her beloved brother, Elijah, also would like to see her dead she fears. She knows too much about his life, their lives. He has kept her alive all these years living in Armando's shadow, do his biding, taking his abuse, all because of her. And now Rio and Rachael hear there's a million dollar price on her head.

Who will reach her first, her desperate brother, Elijah, or her murderous uncle, Armando? Who will spill her blood and end her life? How will Rio protect the one he can't live without?

Wild Rain by Christine Feehan is an amazing ride. The hero of this story, Rio, is a loner, but one who has grown sick of his own company. He longs for the acceptance of his people, but knows it will never happen. Into his life walks Rachael Lospostos, with wild eyes, spicy and fierce tempered, riotous dark curls, and a curvaceous body, a woman that demands every ounce of his attention. Can he trust her with his heart and soul, because he really doesn't have a choice, she has taken over his mind and body, her spirit has become his, his life has become hers. The heroine, Rachael doesn't trust anyone, she has had to live that way for too long, and she has given up hope of finding love and acceptance, but as Rio works his way into her heart, she finds that it no longer beats for her, only for him. These two together start a wondrous journey into love and longing, never to be a part, entwined together as one, body and soul. Christine Feehan writes a story of wonderment, a paranormal romance where the Leopard people live on the outskirts of humanity, guarding their secret with their lives. Wild Rain, published in 2004, is the second book of the Leopard Series. I had no trouble following the story, it would be fine to read as a stand alone. Wild Rain provides all the excitement of an amazing adventure with a love story that tears at your heart, with love that could be lost and battles left to be fought. It provides a new world to explore and I highly recommend it. For more information on Christine Feehan's books and series, please visit her webite at http://www.christinefeehan.com/.

Here's a peek at the trailer for Wild Rain by Christine Feehan.


Wild Rain - The top video clips of the week are here

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review!! You really do such a wonderful job with them. Like I said to VFG, I have a few Feehan novels I need to get to. Thanks for the info on this one, I'll be looking into it.

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

This really was an amazing story. I have read several of Feehan's book, but they always keep me coming back for more. Paranormal romance is always so tasty!

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

I read this one a few years ago. I think I'm going to reread, or at least do some serious skimming before I read Burning Wild. I really enjoyed Wild Rain. It's one of the only Feehan books I've liked :).

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

I've read several of her books and I'm going to read Burning Wild, but probably not right away. My TBR stack is so high, I know I need to read some of them first -- it could take months!! I'll have to see how big a dent I can put in it before Burning Wild comes out! The Leopard was too cool. I really enjoyed the story, it was a sweet love story with lots of adventure.

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Wonderful review Dottie!

I've now read two great reviews of this book!

I don't have it in my TBR Alps right now, but maybe I will look it up in future. lol

Warm Regards Dottie, you have a great day!

L

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

I know what you mean about the TBR Alps (hehe!), I've promised myself I'd make a dent in it before I buy anymore books. Ha -- see how long that last! I'm going to try though, but I keep straying to books every time I leave the house!

((hugs))

Dottie ;-)

VampFanGirl said...

Fantastic Review Dottie!

I can't wait for 'Burning Wild'. I mentioned in my reply post to your comment on my blog that Drake is a secondary character. He kind of reminded me of Dorian from Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series. You know, that humorous exterior that sheilds a darker soul. Drake would make a great hero.

You know who I really want to read about? Elijah. The man deserves his HEA. I wonder if he'll be present in 'Burning Wild'...

:) VFG

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

Elijah is a tortured soul and he does deserve his HEA, even with all the terrible deeds, he loves Rachael. He wants her safe and finally has his revenge on Armando. I love his wickedness and his sweetness that still held the innocence of the abused boy.

Drake is a fantastic character, I was drawn to his bad boy style and his good boy looks. Now with his injury, he'll be less valuable to the village, but strong genes leads to great babies. He deserves his HEA too.

I absolutely loved this story, I going to try to make head way on my TBR stack (Everest we like to call it), but Burning Wild already has me intrigued, I don't know if I can wait!

Dottie ;-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP