Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Monster vs. Aliens ---- Aacccckkkk!

Running time: 104 minutes
Genre: Anime, Comedy, Family Fun

Monsters, Aliens, Reporters, Government Conspiracies, Oh my!

Monster vs. Aliens is a story of a young woman on her wedding day, when everything is supposed to be pretty and perfect.....is hit with a meteorite. The chemicals found within the meteorite cause her to grow, and grow, and grow!! Now, it's the attacking of the fifty foot woman!! Aaccckk! Just kidding.

For years, the government has been rounding up and imprisoning monsters from all over the United States. To date there is a total of five, count them, five. It would be just like the government to waste money on an entire prison complex for five monsters. Why not just blow em up? Because, eventually they just might come in handy!!

There's Dr. Cockroach (Hugh Laurie) who's the smartest man/bug alive. He tried to combine the human genome with that of a cockroach, the hardest known creature to kill in mankind's existence.

The Missing Link (Will Arnett) who's a cross between man and amphibian, who knows what will crawl out of the water next!

B.O.B. (Seth Rogan) -- Well, not quite sure what BOB is, pretty sure intelligent (?) chemical goo.

Insectasaurus (?) who was hitting with a radioactive laser as a pupa, mostly wants to eat.

Ginormica (Reese Witherspoon) hit by the meteorite and just wants to be normal and get married to Derek (Paul Rudd) -- resident a**hole and Susan's fiance.

Well, it's kind of predictable after that. Mean, ugly alien - Gallaxhar (Rainn Wilson) attacks Earth, looking for the chemicals absorbed by Ginormica's body. The President (Stephen Colbert) tries to make contact...like Close Encounters meet Beverly Hills Cop. When that fails, the government calls in the Monsters to clean Gallaxhar's clock. There's fighting back and forth, and eventually it leads to the destruction of Gallaxhar's ship. Derek decides he can live with the fifty foot woman, but Ginormica decides it might be easier to step on him. (She doesn't -- this is a family film.)

This movie was funny and sweet, great for the kiddies to go see. The computer voice of Gallaxhar's ship (Amy Poehler) was sarcastic and funny, perfectly obnoxious, right until the ship blows up. Great family fun. Not as good as Pixar, but not everyone can be Steve Jobs.



Trailer for Monster vs. Aliens from Dreamworks

19 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Lol, I really want to see this one too :D

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

It was pretty funny and sweet for the kiddies, lolol, it was perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

No kids to watch it with, but hey surely a fun movie to watch and not think a tiny bit :)

Blanche said...

I'm dragging my kids to see this one, it looks like such a cute movie!!! :)

Amy C said...

I don't think my son has showed much interest in seeing this one. He's in between with the cartoon movies. You know, he is 9! So old! It looks really cute though.

We just watched Madagascar 2 last night. I found it really cheap at Target and picked it up for him since he really loved the first one. it was fun :).

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I didn't take my kids with me, I just wanted to see it, and not think for a while, it was fun.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

I was a lot of fun, Dr. Cockroach was funny, the computer voice was obnoxious. Pretty cute movie.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

My kids didn't want to come and I just needed to get out of the house, so off to the movies!

It was fun and relaxing, I didn't have to get up for popcorn more than once, and didn't have to move so they could go to the restroom.

Dottie :)

VampFanGirl said...

LOL, This movie looks so cute. Plus I love Seth Rogen. Not because of the looks, although the fro is kinda cute, but that guy is hilarious!!

Lea said...

I can't see the video because I'm still at work Dottie, but I will check it out later! Great post!

I gave you an award - so you must drop by my blog. :)

L

Unknown said...

Hi VFG!

Seth Rogen was hilarious!! I loved him in Knocked Up, and he was just as funny in this movie.

It was a great way to spend a rainy day, no kids, just me, popcorn, and pop. (snowing here again - please Spring!)

Dottie

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

I'll drop by! Thank you, you're so sweet!

The movie was funny! And I didn't have to think for 1 3/4 hours.

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dottie! This movie sounds cute. I think my kids would love it. Well, an my hubby too. He's big on the cartoon movies, lol. Like I should talk, I'm a Disney movie fanatic!!

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

I didn't even take my kids to see it. They won't come with me, so went and enjoyed the movie without them. It was funny, I'm just a bit of a cartoon freak myself...lolol...
that's if you can't tell!

Dottie

Blodeuedd said...

Then it sure sounds like great fun :)
I just have to see if they have dubbed it, since they do that with kids movies. If so then I will just wait until it comes out.

Cos I really want to hear the original voices :)

- Blodeuedd

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

I understand that completely! My hubs can't understand why I want to listen to foreign films especially when they have subtitles. He can't seem to understand that I want to hear the voices, but I can usually only pick up a few words. Sometimes I have to watch twice, once to hear it and then again to read it. lol. Unless it Mexican (Spanish), then I usually can almost understand it, Spanish is about the only foreign language they teach here. The United States is so backward when it comes to teaching languages. French used to be popular here, not anymore, probably has to do with money ($)!

Dottie :)

Blodeuedd said...

Even if I don't understand a word of Chinese, I want to watch them in Chinese. It's more real.
I am so glad that we don't live in a dubbin country, German, French and Spanish movies are always dubbed. sure it's easier for people who doesn't understand English but not to hear Ewan Mcgregor would be such a shame ;)

And "kiddie" movies always have fun actors so they are a shame to be dubbed. Luckily like with Shrek they showed it here in Finnish, English and Swedish. I of course choose the English one, I need Banderas as Puss-in Boots.

Since we have two official languages we of course learn the one we are not speaking. English all have to take. And then if you want you can choose French or German. Some upper levels can have Russian, Italian or Spanish depending on the school.
Guess we like languages

Lea said...

Dottie:

I'm cursing like a sailor here this morning because Cecile worked on her blog, I guess all night. It looks lovely but she has done something to the comment section and I can't seem to leave her a note.

Anyway, I don't have her e-mail and I think she might need a little help.

Can you get a message to her? You have my e-mail - can you give it to her and I will give her a hand. I'm at work until very late today, but will help when I get home. I get the sense she is a little stressed. :(

Thanks
L

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP