Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July and Finally Home from Vacation!!!!



I hope all of my blogger buddies, both US and abroad, are having a safe and happy 4th of July. To all of us in the US, it means freedom. But to most of everyone else, it's just another Saturday. It means exploding displays of bright lights, but believe me, here in the States, we don't need a reason like the 4th of July to explode fireworks. Here in the rural town I live in, we've already watched fireworks three times this summer. Why, I don't know, but every once in awhile, they blaze the park. (I'm sure it's to celebrate something, no one ever tells me anything.) Most ballparks use them to celebrate a home run hit by the home team. Disney ignites them in celebrations all the time and on almost every summer night at Disneyland and Disney World. And for Tinkerbell, it's how she would open the weekly Disney programming when I was a wee lass. (There wasn't a Disney channel back then, yeah, I do remember dinosaurs, had a pet T-Rex.)

Here's a peek at an opening on the Disney programming - circa 1970's.





If you asked my mom and dad, they're very patriotic. I'm sure there's ten flags hanging off my folks house right now, there always was when I was a kid. Did I tell you they used to set off fireworks on July 4th at the drive-in? It was always a special occasion and we would leave early, smear on plenty bug repellent, spread out a blanket, have a picnic, pile back into the station wagon (there were only five kids back then as well as Mom and Dad), and watch two movies. After the movies, we'd lie down on the blanket, and the fireworks would ignite. There was four drive-ins in Springfield where I grew up and the night sky would be full of color, sulfur, and smoke. It was amazing. So, here's to the 4th of July and to many more to come!

(Odd that the display is canceled this year due to rain, but like I said, we've had three displays already.)



As a side note, we got home from vacation this evening. We just took a small vacation, the kids didn't want to go too far from home. We chose Indianapolis this year for our 4 day get-a-way because the uptown is amazing. We stayed in a small hotel outside Indianapolis and two blocks down from our wonderful hotel (it was so clean, nice, and the staff was sweet - Holiday Inn Express in Lebanon IN) you'll never guess what was there, The Hachette Book Group. It took up acres and acres of property. It was huge. At least two warehouse size buildings, one for shipping and receiving and one for professional services. I couldn't believe that I would go on vacation only to find the source of some many amazing books that are given away on the internet. Well, anyway I was amazed. The hubs and the kids were like uh, so? I know, I'm a nerd.

10 comments:

Blanche said...

Welcome Home Dottie!!

Happy 4th to you and yours! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

I hope you're feeling better and a Happy 4th to you too!

Dottie :)

Anonymous said...

welcome back Dottie!! Sigh...I need a good vacation!! I've been to Indianapolis before, too :) A while ago, though.

I hope you enjoy the weekend and happy 4th!!!

((hugs))

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara!

My hubs wanted to go to West Virginia, but the kids didn't want to go that far. So, we decided to go to Indianapolis because there's great shopping and the uptown is beautiful. The kids had a good time, so everyone was happy.

I hope you had a great 4th and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Dottie :)

Lea said...

Welcome Home Dottie!

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful July 4th!

I love patriotic Tink!!! She ROCKS!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

L

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

We got home last night hoping to go watch the display, but it rained all day and all night. lol! Everything was canceled.

But maybe we'll catch a display tonight.

Thanks Lea!

Dottie :)

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Hey Dottie!! I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and had a wonderful time!!!
As always, thanks for the story! I love learning about my friends!
I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Unknown said...

Hi Cecile!

I love reminiscing and suddenly I seem to do it all the time!!

4th of July was always fun, it meant summer was finally here, but back then, school didn't start until after Labor Day!

((hugs sweetie!))

Dottie :)

Amy C said...

Hey Dottie :)

So glad you had a great vacation with your family. Mine would have reacted exactly the same to the discovery of the Hatchet Book Group :).

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

I hope you and your hubby had a sweet child free night! I love my kids to pieces, would do anything for them, but I love the occasional kid free night - not that it ever happens! We usually have spares!

We actually did have a great time, which is rare with kids in the car. You know, the don't touch me thing. lol!

We (they) went sight seeing, picture taking, swimming, and shopping. I mostly watched from the sidelines, which was fun too.

I was laughing when I saw Hachette Books, I was reading a book they had sent me. lol.

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP