Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reviewette: Faeries Gone Wild ~ Dust Me Baby, One More Time ~ Michele Hauf

Pages: 173 - 274
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

From the Cover: A librarian by day and a tooth faery by night, Sidney has absolutely no time to find Mr. Right. Until she flies smack dab into sexy, sun-bronzed Dart Sand, a man who makes her wings a-flutter…and whose allure could get her banished from the Mortal Realm.

Sydney is a tooth faerie with a fetish for the Mortal Realm. She loves it, hasn't visited Faerie in decades. Why should she? There she's just one more of the many children of the Tooth family. The Mortal Realm rocks, where else could Sydney be on her on? As long as none of the rules are broken and she doesn't rock the boat....she can stay in the Mortal Realm. If only she could find someone that would twist her sheets!

Dart Sand is a sandman, no one escaped his notice, everyone who needs dusting was dusted, regularly. The Mortal Realm was fine and he planned to stay here. When he noticed Sydney, he wasn't sure if she was real or not. She didn't look faerie, maybe she'd spent too much time in the Mortal Realm, pretending to be mortal. But, there was definitely something about her.

The mothers of Sydney's town have decided that Santa Claus doesn't exist, they've run off the Easter Bunny, and now it's Sydney's turn. As she tries to go on her nightly retrievals, instead of teeth, she finds a note. "My mom says the tooth faerie doesn't exist." She doesn't know what to think, the moms are trying to run her out of town. Well, this is just not happening!! No Way! As she returns to the sleeping child, pow! She runs right into Dart Sand and promptly gets dusted. Out like a light!

Dart can't believe his eyes, who's the beautiful faerie? He can't resist, as he bends down to put his lips to hers, and, pow! again and this time it hurts.

As Sydney brushes herself off, who should she see? It's none other but the ever sexy sandman, Dart Sand. Talk about a sheet twister! Well, it served him right to get punched, kissing unconscious faeries! If only she could take a chance and kiss him for real, but that would be breaking the rules. What can a tooth faerie with a major need for love to do?

Dart wants to get to know Sydney better, but he's afraid to get too close; he has a secret that he doesn't want to spread around. He has a slight problem pre-ejaudusting. He gets all excited, hot and bothered; and before he knows what has happened, he's dusted his lover; never fulfilling his needs or hers. He dusts too early. What's a sandman to do?

Dust Me Baby, One More Time by Michele Hauf was fun, completely and totally! I had a blasted, laughing until the last page. I loved Sydney Tooth, I could just see her stomping her little faerie foot, refusing to take what they're trying to dish out to run off all the supernatural creatures. Dart Sand was hot, all the flower faeries thought so, if only he could control his dust. I mean, it's great to get dusted when you can't sleep, but bad when you're trying to twist the sheets. How are our hero and heroine going to get together you might wonder? Well, there are tricks that every faerie has to learn, right? This little novella was all about having a good time and maybe finding true love, and if that's what you're after, as well as a little hot sheet twisting romance, then Faeries Gone Wild and Dust Me Baby, One More Time is the book for you. I love how the faeries are mortal tall by day, teenie tiny by night to make their rounds, with beautiful wings that shimmer with a translucency. Great use of imagery. So far, I can highly recommend this book, and I'm sure the last story will be as great as the first three! If you haven't checked out Faeries Gone Wild, then what are you waiting for?? For more information about Michele Hauf and her fun reads, please check out her website or her blog. And don't forget about her free read.

Michele Hauf has also just released the new cover for book, After the Kiss, a Nocturne Bites.

(release date: September 2009)
This is the follow up book to Moon Kissed - Severo's story - the werewolf protector of Aby from The Highwayman.


I've read three of the four stories from Faeries Gone Wild so far and each is uniquely fun. Reviews of the other three stories will be posted soon.

14 comments:

Amy C said...

These sound like fun :).

Happy Wednesday! Or rather I should say "Happy Harry Potter Release Day!" LOL

Blodeuedd said...

Hi Dottie,
This one sounds so fun! Lol, I really want to read it. A tooth fairy and the sandman, yup that is romance

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!

I can't wait to see Harry Potter *throwing confetti* WooHoo!!

Happy Wednesday!! *g*

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blodeuedd!

If you like faeries and romance, you'll love these little stories.

They are all fun, I'll be posting the rest of the reviews soon.

Dottie :)

Caffey said...

I didn't realize FAERIES GONE WILD is out! I so miss going to Borders, LOL.
And too great to get the updates here cuz I too didn't know of Michele Hauf's ebook out soon too! Thanks for all the updates!

SciFiGuy said...

I have this on my shelf but haven't been able to get to it. Not enough hours in the day so I am going to get my taste of it with your great reviewettes.

Lea said...

Hey Dottie!

I really love these "reviewettes" you are doing. Nicely done.

That sounds like a sweet anthology. Ms. Hauf, sure is a prolific author. I can't wait to get my copy of the Highwayman!

Thank you again!

L

Lea said...

PS:

Enjoy Harry!

;)

L

Blanche said...

Great reviewette!! I have Faeries Gone Wild in the TBR!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Caffey!

Michele Hauf sent me my copy, so I am very happy. I've seen it in the wild everywhere, except for Walmart :( But I'm sure it's out there somewhere! I don't have a Borders or a Barnes and Nobles close, but a Waldenbooks is only a half hour away. I did see it there and they take Borders' coupons.

It's a really fun read, I wish everyone could take a peak, I think it will appeal to all readers of fantasy.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lea!

OMG, I have such a dirty mind!! I was trying to figure out what 'Enjoy Harry' was and the only think I could think of was the cacti on your post....ROTFLOL!!! I have been really looking forward to Harry Potter, I was a wizarding freak, even though I'm only a muggle, I know in a previous life, I have to have been magically. Maybe I'm a late bloomer and I'm actually magic now?? Too Cool, I'm going to practice my best Samantha nose wiggle right now, as I have no wand available.

You crack me up Lea!!

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

OMG - Thanks Lea, Faeries Gone Wild has been great!

I got your email and you copy is in today's mail. I don't know how long it will take to get to you, I've never mailed to Canada before!

(I got so excited by 'Enjoy Harry' that I forgot the review I posted. D'oh, not enough sleep agian!)

((hugs))

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Doug!

So glad you introduced me to the reviewette! I really like it!

The two stories I was looking forward to was MJD and Michele Hauf's. MJD was different, but left me kind of stranded....It wasn't what I was expecting, but it is her writing style. It ended sweet and I'll posted that review for the book next. Can't wait to see your take on it.

I definitely know what you mean about not enough hours in the day, I really feel like I get nothing done and can't figure out where the hours went. Maybe it would help to get more sleep, but then I'd have even fewer hours! It's a no win situation.

Dottie :)

Unknown said...

Hi Blanche!

It's been a really fun read, all the stories have the element of fun and are an easy read. And MJD's story isn't related to any of her series, it's something totally new, so the readers won't be lost to it.

Can't wait to see your thoughts!

Dottie :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP