Followers

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Crimson Romance

Crimson Romance
For the best in romance, from sweet to naughty!

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Loss of Print Media

As someone who loves to write and reading is certainly my passion, I fear that we, the community that loves to read, are going to lose a part of our history. I don't know about you, but I recently discovered e-books, and I love them. No need to carry a book with you, just open your laptop and enjoy the story, or if you're luck enough to own a kindle, I don't need to say anymore. But, there's a special place in my heart for the feel of a book, hardback or paperback. I love the way a book feels in my hands; the smoothness of the cover or the rough texture of the cover art, the texture of the pages as they're being turned, the look of the manuscript, and the smell of the ink. There's just nothing like holding a good book in your hands! I fear this is slowly going to fade away. The amount of writers published is shrinking and the number of books released decreasing. Maybe I'm just being maudlin, but don't worry, I'm reading a good book, and that always raises my spirit!

Dottie :]

3 comments:

Blanche said...

I hear you Dottie!!

I have lots of ebooks and to be honest I have a lot of those same books in print! I love how convienent it is to have my laptop or iTouch to read from while we are on vacation (I got away with packing a suitcase of books once but once hubby discovered he was dragging around a very heavy suitcase of books......I didn't get away with it again!LOL) but I love my print books too. Like you there is just something about holding that book in your hands!!

Lea said...

I know exactly what you mean Dottie!

I love my books, the feel, the smell, the memories they evoke when I re-read a story. They have been part of me all my life.

I love e-books too, but I hope we can reach a happy medium and not lose books in print altogether. Thankfully, I think there still is a customer base out there for printed books.

Great post!
:)
L

Amy C said...

I love the idea of e-books, conserving paper and trees. But I could not imagine not frequenting the bookstores anymore. I love the bookstore. I need those trips just as much as I need to read!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Go ahead, leave a comment, you know you really want to!! ^~^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Copyright © 2008-2011 Tink's Place All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP